Woman Killed By Daughter's Dogs

Her Majesty Dogmad

Regarding the daughter keeping the dogs, who knows what any of us would do in that situation. She would be in shock and probably doesn't know what she is doing.

Either way she has to live with that for the rest of her life, and I imagine that would be almost unbearable.

Regarding the daughter keeping the dogs, who knows what any of us would do in that situation. She would be in shock and probably doesn't know what she is doing.

Either way she has to live with that for the rest of her life, and I imagine that would be almost unbearable.

Or indeed which of the dogs were or were not involved. I'll not judge this one either.

Do they even know which of the dogs was involved? Perhaps she is holding off on euthanising in order to try and figure out which dog/s are the culprits. It's a shame there aren't more resources dedicated to proper investigation of dog related fatalities. There is a guy in the US, Jim Crosby who does this.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/retired-deputy-has-2nd-career-probing-dog-attacks

The retired Jacksonville, Fla., sheriff's lieutenant relies on forensic tools such as bite molds and measurements, necropsy results and saline swabs. His goal: to determine why a dog mauled a person, and whether it should be rehabilitated or destroyed because of its behavior.

He has a blog which details a lot of his cases and methodology. Very interesting reading, it's a shame there aren't more investigators like this, it certainly seems as though there are enough incidents these days to warrant it.

http://canineaggression.blogspot.com.au/

I have heard of dogs turning on frail or elderly members of their own pack and I would never be comfortable with that amount of large dogs in such a small area all unrestrained at feed time, whether I was elderly or not. I think people need some serious education on what dogs are capable of, especially when the person handling them can appear "weak" or there is food involved.

I feel awful for everyone involve here. :(

Tragic :(. I was thinking the same thing also Snook. Dogs seem to be able to sense to a degree sick people/animals. The first thing that I thought after reading that article though was, geez that is a very small paved back yard to be keeping four pretty big dogs.

Not everybody dies from a heart attack. My Pop had two and he is still alive. If she was mauled after she went down she could still have died of blood loss.

However, she may have been attacked first and then had a heart attack, they are still making enquiries into that I believe.

The woman does not look particularly frail in her photos. I wonder if the dogs were fighting over food, and the fight escalated. There isn't enough information to do more with than surmise.

RIP

I agree, nowhere near enough information and there are inconsistencies in the article, which says five dogs but the photo (which claims to show ALL dogs concerned) shows only four. From the photo, there is only one American bulldog, not two, and it is only a pup, and the mongrel is not remotely small, but nearly as big as the DDBs.

Absolutely tragic, but no way of guessing what really happened. It could have been as simple and innocent as a dog jumping up in greeting and accidentally tearing her skin and causing an unfortunate chain of events, or it could have been a lot nastier.

RIP lady, sad regardless of the details.

The neighbour's comment was a bit of a worry - that he could tell the dogs were vicious because they bark a lot and pull on the lead.