Where To Get Good Quality Calendars

Kirislin

I've been using redbubble for 4 years now and last year they put the postage up alot and not many people bought calendars. I decided this year to get around it by putting in a bulk order so the cost of postage could be spread out. This morning if I'd put the order in it would have been $26 per calendar, but it's gone up by $5.20 in a couple of hours!!!! :mad

I'd like to boycott them if anyone knows of a good quality calendar maker who doesn't charge ridiculous amounts please let me know.

Not absolutely sure but I think the BYPoultryForum used Vista Print, and to get a price of about $17ea (plus $2.50ish ea postage) they had to pre-order 50 calendars. I always recommend Red Bubble but if the prices have gone up that much, maybe time to re-think. But I do think RB is great in the way there is no minimum and no wastage.

When I worked for Allen Calendars they would have a lot wasted, left-overs from standard and custom print runs. Don't know their charges, here is a link, looks like minimum 100, probably not what you had in mind - business/club? But they used to do some super quality work (as well as some pretty ordinary - it's the get what you pay for thing again).

http://www.allencalendars.com.au/shop/Custom+Calendars.html

They do the calenders you get given by the local grocer (ordinary quality, one for everybody) or your high end whatever supplier (brilliant quality, valued customers only).

It's not only 12-13 image calendars, they do the 'budget' single image styles.

I haven't actually used them yet but huga recommended Momento Pro to me and said she's had pro prints done by them before that are great but hasn't had a calendar printed. I'll be getting one printed by them in December but they look like they'll be good and their software seems pretty easy to use.

I'll be interested to know the cost and quality compared to redbubble. I'm so sick of redbubble. Yesterday morning the price to buy my own work calendar was $22 but it had gone up 20% by the afternoon, although when I looked at their pricing scale it was still listed as $22. I wrote to them about it and got some twit calling himself Jonathon who has piss farted me about asking for screen shots. That was yesterday and I haven't heard back since. Also, for the last 2 years they have underpaid me and I only got what I was actually owed, which wasn't very much by the way, after much too-ing and fro-ing. I've really had enough of them. :mad Once I get paid I'm closing my account with them.

Good quality isn't cheap, I'm afraid. I use Momento Pro for prints and books, as Snook said. They are wonderful, but I'm pretty sure you need an ABN to print with them. Their consumer side is just momento.com.au - but I can't vouch for the quality. I have also printed with nushots.com.au and picpress.com.au (the same company) and they are also very good.

Momento Pro will accept your application for membership if you're a member of a camera club, you just don't get the big discounts that they give pro photographers.

Ah, cool :) I know I got a discount for being a business owner and a further discount for being an AIPP member. I love it how they look after the pros and their customer service is awesome :)

Momento Pro will accept your application for membership if you're a member of a camera club, you just don't get the big discounts that they give pro photographers.

Ah, cool :) I know I got a discount for being a business owner and a further discount for being an AIPP member. I love it how they look after the pros and their customer service is awesome :)

that's great for you :thumbsup: but it wont suit me. thanks anyway.

redbubble's lost me as well... way too expensive..and postage is disgusting!Just for Gifts , I print/make up my own :o..I'm no help for quality ones, sorry. RB used to be wonderful!! :(

OOhhhh..looked at snapfish ..they are on sale!! They have desktop ones,too 3 for $15 !!! Hmmmmmm

LINK

Yep, after this year RB have lost me. I'm currently arguing with them. They've now revised their base price after it rose yesterday, but it's still wrong!! Now it says it costs $24 incl GST but they're charging $26.40!!!! They are so hard to contact, I'm over them.

Now to rub salt into the wound I see today Saturdaythey're advertising it as Black Friday 15% off everything. Hello, they're an Australian company, right here in Vic, but everything is geared towards the US market. I placed my order on Friday Australian time so dont get the discount. :mad bye bye redbubble

Edited by Kirislin

• 3 weeks later...

what did yours cost Snook. I wouldn't like double sided either. I've actually sold quite alot of calendars this year compared to last year, I am surprised because I didn't promote them at all apart from telling the whippet racing club people, but even that was a rather negative notification because I warned them about the high cost of postage.

It cost $30.83 including postage and is their medium size calendar, which is about half the size of the RedBubble calendars from memory. I'm tempted to get it reprinted even though I know Mum won't care that it's double-sided as it really does bug me. :(

Hmmmm probably on that basis redbubble are still reasonably competetive then. For me postage is the big killer with redbubble, I think the solution is for people to get together and combine their orders if buying from rb.

I made a a special calendar this year for the regulars on one of our monthly greyhound walks. They all ordered and paid me upfront, and postage came down to under $2 each

and fanstastic calendars - I love red bubble!

That would work very well if you see the people in person, like on your walks, good idea.

I do still love the quality and look of redbubble calendars but for a person to just buy a single one with postage its somewhere around $44. :eek::mad

I made a a special calendar this year for the regulars on one of our monthly greyhound walks. They all ordered and paid me upfront, and postage came down to under $2 each

and fanstastic calendars - I love red bubble!

That would work very well if you see the people in person, like on your walks, good idea.

I do still love the quality and look of redbubble calendars but for a person to just buy a single one with postage its somewhere around $44. :eek::mad

Yes I know - we have a regular walk once a month at Westerfolds park. Have been taking pics there for a while and suggested a calendar. So took extra pics of those interested, set up the calendar, let them all see it on RB, took the orders and money one month, then took the calendars to the walk the next month.

I also put up their pics as prints and they ordered their own cards etc. Worked well.