Man Bashed, Dog Swung Around On Leash

Kajirin

Saw this via facebook in the news...

Elderly Sydney dog walker bashed

AN elderly man has been bashed and his dog swung around on its leash in a reserve in western Sydney.

Police say the 72-year man was walking his small dog in the reserve in Seven Hills last night when the dog barked at another man.

The second man, aged about 50, grabbed the leash and swung the dog around and then punched the elderly man to the ground.

He kept on kicking and punching him before walking away.

The man was treated in hospital for facial injuries.

The dog was not injured.

Sorry if this has already been posted, had a look and couldn't see

I just read this and found-it absolutely sickening. That poor man... I hope some passers by came to his aid quickly. And a small dog being swung by its leash? Poor thing is so lucky to escape injury.

Piece of scum should be brought up on every charge in the book and throw animal cruelty in there as well.

The irony? If that was a loose wandering dog that had attacked the man and his dog... it would be a Top story, with a huge amount of BS thrown in for good measure and the dog if caught would probably already be pts.

Pity same reaction cant be given to this "human" attacker.

They just showed the man on the news with a black eye and holding his little maltese x dog. Both are okay and he will keep walking in the park but wants the guy caught. it sounded very viscious and the old man was very upset about his dog being attacked. Disgusting. I hope they catch the man who was apparently in his 50's :mad

I too saw this poor old fellow on the news tonight with his maltese x? and a cattle dog at his feet. How sad that someone would do that. In the interview the elderly man says his dog merely barked at the passerby who in turn attacked him and then swung his dog around by the leash. :(:mad

I agree it was an atrocious thing for anyone to do to the little old bloke and his little dog.

It was a bit of a worry though when the news reporter said 'such a little dog, how could anyone think such a cute little dog could do any harm' and then stuck her hand in for a scratch on the ears at the little dog being held by its owner.

My two previous little Malt X's are the only dogs that have ever bitten me. A stranger doing that to Maggot when being held by me would have gone away with puncture wounds. Any kid who's done the dog awareness courses at school would know better than that reporter.

Edited by Katdogs

Saw this on the news last night and it left me feeling sickened. The poor man still looked a little shaken , and I am sure the dog would have experienced shock.

You would think that a 50 year old would know better - a fine example this ' man' is setting for perhaps a younger family ( ie grandkids etc ). :mad

It was reported on the news that after being twirled by his lead, the little dog ended up in the canal and was rescued from the drain . Very luck little fluffer. :(

Healing vibes to both the old man and Buttons ( the little dog )

I hope they catch the nutbag loonie not only for the justice of this guy and his dogs sake *not that theres really any such thing* but for his own safety also. Sooner or later he will just pick the wrong person when flipping out and end up a vegetable or something. Just a matter of time.

Edited by GeckoTree

I hope they catch the nutbag loonie not only for the justice of this guy and his dogs sake *not that theres really any such thing* but for his own safety also. Sooner or later he will just pick the wrong person when flipping out and end up a vegetable or something. Just a matter of time.

You're saying that like it'd be a bad thing.