Super Quiet In Here

I thought in Christmas everything would speed up and be really busy, but it seems to have gone the other way. Hardly any pound dogs seem to be moving at all. Is this normal for this time of year?

Yep :( too many dogs, not enough adopters, foster homes going away for xmas so dont want more fosters, and the list goes on.... :(

Yep, I think pretty much every pound is full so there is usually a lot going on behind the scenes that doesn't get on DOL.

Adoptions sometimes slow down as well, boarding kennels are full, carers go away and meanwhile dogs come in at an amazing rate.

All round bad time, most of us are just trying to keep our heads above water and run out of time for DOL.

Things get better after Xmas. Having been doing this for a few years now we can see a distinct seasonal pattern. People hold off adopting in Nov/Dec because they are either concentrating in getting ready for Xmas and all the end of year stuff and/or planning on going away for holidays.

Since adoptions slow down, pounds fill up. If you can grit your teeth, squeeze in a few extra animals and wait a few weeks, the dam bursts early Jan when people have a bit of time on their hands to settle in a new pet.

I've always experienced it differently. The past few years, Christmas has always been a huge rush for us - for dogs of all ages.

This year, hardly anything. I've been putting it down to PetRescue's failure to launch.