Cost Of Puppies

kezzzza

A man comes into the shop today asking questions about regiestered breeders and the cost of puppies. He told us that he had called the VCA regarding pricing of puppies and he was told that because the breeder is a registered breeder the cost of puppies is a minimum of $1000. He was told that it was VCA policy, WTF!! we asked him what was said to him and he repeated that he was told it was VCA policy for registered breeders to charge a minimum of $1000 for a puppy

Surely this is wrong and the VCA is not telling prospective owners this information.

Sounds weird that they would say that. I wonder if he misheard (or who the person was he spoke to?). As mentioned, there is no set price. A breeder can charge as little or as much as they like.

Edited by espinay2

“Believe only half of what you see and nothing that you hear.”

Edgar Allan Poe

I have many interesting conversations with members of the public you learn to nod and smile, also people don't always LISTEN properly to what they are told, they also don't always repeat it word for word. From the Consult room to the reception desk is a couple of metres but in that short space Vets instructions are often totally distorted :laugh:

Gee. I should have put the prices up on my last litters. I was way undercharging

Depends on breed and breeder. I think last I heard for mine the average is between $800-$1000. Of course there are those who charge way more for colour and fads. Of course some charge more because of lines, titles health tests etc.