Ideas For A Cheaper Dry Dog Food

I have my two older dogs on raw in the morning and Uncle Albers in the evening. No problems at all.

My 10 month old Aussie Shepherd has been on Nutro (while he was growing so much) but I am changing him over to Uncle Albers at the moment. He is producing humungous poos though. :( Reading this thread I may have a look at the Cobber.

Supercoat mostly here. Also even cheaper is Uncle Albers and Great Barko - made by the same company I've had good results with both but do find the dogs tend to have a lot of rather unpleasant gas after eating these two.

I have yet to find feeding raw cheap but do also feed raw chicken mince as well as some kibble.

VIP have just put out a grain free dry that is available at Woolworths only at the moment.

Similar price Optumum and comes in two flavours with Dog Rolls to match from the dog chiller section.

I got some of this dry food the other day to try. Big fail with my dogs, they hate it. Back to Pal for them :laugh:

WE suppliment our dog with supercoat sensative to make our super expensive food go further. Besides cheaper kibble options chicken carcasses from the deli's, you can can minced chicken frames from Lenards chicken for 1.50 - $2 which was good. Also turkey necks from woolies as well. I used to also go to the fish market and buy cheap offcuts of salmon for mine to add to the meals....

Just have to try some cheaper brands and see what agree with the dogs.