Look What They Have Done To Our Dogs.

Sandy46

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who do you think would be putting up pics of their dogs if they had issues bad enough to identify from a photo? There are plenty of brachy dogs that are happy and healthy, they just don't get the same attention as they don't support the AR argument that EVERY brachy dog is unhealthy.

I also requested videos

I'd love to see photos of the bbs that are apparently healthy and have no problems or even a video. I've searched and searched and have yet to see one.

I wouldn't determine the health of a dog via a photo. I'm not sure how anyone could.

I've seen enough in real life to know that bbs are at a severe disadvantage. Breeders can justify it all they like but action in a positive direction is much better. I'm glad to see that they are working toward fixing these issues.

And photos are great ways to determine health, we use them in a vet nursing assignments all the time.

You have an existing bias so I don't know why you want to see pictures and videos of BBs. You've already decided they are inherently unhealthy.

I'd love to see photos of the bbs that are apparently healthy and have no problems or even a video. I've searched and searched and have yet to see one.

I wouldn't determine the health of a dog via a photo. I'm not sure how anyone could.

I've seen enough in real life to know that bbs are at a severe disadvantage. Breeders can justify it all they like but action in a positive direction is much better. I'm glad to see that they are working toward fixing these issues.

And photos are great ways to determine health, we use them in a vet nursing assignments all the time.

You have an existing bias so I don't know why you want to see pictures and videos of BBs. You've already decided they are inherently unhealthy.

It's not a decision, they do. I'm just glad to see something is being done about it.

Who do you think would be putting up pics of their dogs if they had issues bad enough to identify from a photo? There are plenty of brachy dogs that are happy and healthy, they just don't get the same attention as they don't support the AR argument that EVERY brachy dog is unhealthy.

I also requested videos

I just went and checked YouTube, found a video of a BB whelping a litter of 7 and one of a BB running amok while out for a walk. Took me less then 2 minutes to find them.

I also requested videos

I just went and checked YouTube, found a video of a BB whelping a litter of 7 and one of a BB running amok while out for a walk. Took me less then 2 minutes to find them.

Are you sure they weren't animatronic because apparently that's impossible :laugh:

I also requested videos

Are you sure they weren't animatronic because apparently that's impossible :laugh:

:rofl: I did get fooled by the eagle and baby video

I just met a pug at the dog park who's owner claimed she was pedigree - except she screamed of a multi generation cross time me as she was skinny with long legs and had a bit of a nose. Obviously the owners word on her pedigree can't be taken at face value, but what if she was? It is possible to get a pedigree pug with a nose? Ignoring the breed standard obviously because she failed on that count miserably.

Genuine question. I'm a pug person, I have two from awesome breeders and am fully aware of the limitations of the brachy breeds, but don't think popping out crosses and calling them pedigree is the answer (nor do I claim to have an answer, before someone jumps on me :laugh: )

Edited by minimax

Obviously I mean skin issues, weight issues, teeth, visual stuff...

But your earlier contention is that you can tell the health of a british bulldog from photos.

Some photos you can, same with any other breed.

post-3047-0-49935900-1356749054_thumb.jpg

photo taken on the 16th Dec, please tell me what is wrong with the red bitch

<br />
<br />
<br />Obviously I mean skin issues, weight issues, teeth, visual stuff...<br />
<br /><br />But your earlier contention is that you can tell the health of a british bulldog from photos.<br />
<br />Some photos you can, same with any other breed.<br />
<br /><br />You really can't and if this is the rubbish you are learning in your vet nurse course then heaven help any dog that falls into your care.

Oh wait ...

Edited by Sheridan

But your earlier contention is that you can tell the health of a british bulldog from photos.

Now you're just being silly. I said "some" and stated earlier that it was obvious visual signs of illness. Agreeing to disagree on this one. :)

Now you're just being silly. I said "some" and stated earlier that it was obvious visual signs of illness. Agreeing to disagree on this one. :)

no I am not, you said you can tell by looking at a photo if a dog is healthy or not. So I am asking you to put your money where your mouth is. The bitch has a problem, what is it?

It's not only just health but temperament as well. Mixeduppup by you said that one aussie bulldog was enough to tell you that pretty much all bulldogs have health issues. I could say that all kelpies are thunderphobic (which is a serious thing to deal with) as the one of the vets I worked with has a kelpie and myself and another vet I know has to sedate our lab kelpie crosses as they are that thunderphobic they require it.

--Lhok

I understand that you guys are protective of purebreeds, I get that. It's a good thing to be and I respect you guys for it. I said that I could tell obvious visual signs of illness from a photo, skin, weight etc. As a training vet nurse and even a qualified vet nurse we are not allowed to diagnose anything, just say that the dog has skin issues (suspected mange etc), suspected ear mites or dog has a limp. We can't diagnose. The pictures I am referring to are pictures that show obvious signs of illness. You can justify the breed all you want but the bottom line is I don't agree with brachy breeds and never will. I'm just glad that bb breeders are working on it. and MUP has left the thread.

I understand that you guys are protective of purebreeds, I get that. It's a good thing to be and I respect you guys for it. I said that I could tell obvious visual signs of illness from a photo, skin, weight etc. As a training vet nurse and even a qualified vet nurse we are not allowed to diagnose anything, just say that the dog has skin issues (suspected mange etc), suspected ear mites or dog has a limp. We can't diagnose. The pictures I am referring to are pictures that show obvious signs of illness. You can justify the breed all you want but the bottom line is I don't agree with brachy breeds and never will. I'm just glad that bb breeders are working on it. and MUP has left the thread.

well you obviously can't cause my red bitch has a skin irritation, most likely a contact allergy, as it's on her paws and belly. Both sites are clearly visible in the photo I put up. You have made several silly comments in this thread. This is the worst one though.

That's a real stretch MUP. Im an ex vet nurse and unless a health issue is bleedingly obvious then I disagree that you can tell a dogs health by a photo, skin or otherwise. In fact, it took me weeks to work out that one of my own dogs had demodex and he was right in front of me!

I also requested videos

Sure thing.

This is Gabe, he does agility Agility Bulldog

Also an agility Bulldog My link

And another one (this dog has a heap of titles) My link

You can't paint and entire breed by a few bad examples. I know some Bulldogs down here who are quiet energetic. They have no issues keeping up with my Samoyeds in the generals ring.