Interested In A Dog / Puppy

Spiro

The OP lives in the ACT. One luxury we are afforded by living in our little small town capital is that we don't have long commutes so it is highly unlikely that both partners are away from home for 9+ hours per day even though they are working full time.

Of course it can be done, and as mentioned a puppy doesn't necessarily need a lunchtime feed. With my first pup (my only 'only' dog) I lived near work and popped home at lunch time to check on him the first day i was back at work. He was sleeping, me coming home woke him up and got him all excited so from then on I left him alone the 8 hours I was away and he was fine. I had started leaving him alone and working up the duration over the week I was home with him.

As others have said, I did spend heaps of time with him when I wasn't at work, he's always been inside with me when I'm home (with doggy door), slept inside, had training, walks, play time daily etc.

Thanks for all the posts and info.

We ended up getting a female jack russell cross mini foxy. Her name is jess

JESS3_zpsd5a32798.jpg

jess2_zps6e351d97.jpg

jess1_zpsb8451495.jpg

First two nights were absolutely horrible. She cried all the time. She seemed to get stressed and would cry when she went to the toilet in her enclosure. ( we have an excerise pen for her to sleep in.) We tried a toilet pad which she doesn't seem to like, we finally resorted to a cat litter tray and cat litter, which she doesn't seem to mind so much.

I live 8kms from work, so will try and come home a few times a week during lunch to see how she is. We are trying to schedule our week off to simulate us being away to see how she copes. She slept most of today, although we did take her out a few times for exercise in the backyard.

thanks

What a cutie! I have a 5 month old pup and use an indoor toilet too (mines called a spotty potty). My pup is really well adjusted and i work full time also, i work to far away to do a lunch time run and she was fine.