British Bulldog Ear Help

Randaluca

Hi,

I have an 8 week old British Bulldog and her ears have managed to come unglued after a bit of rough play with my Pugs. Are there any breeders in the Brisbane area who would be kind enough to let me bring my girl around and show me how to re-glue her ears? As a Pug breeder I'm in new territory with this whole ear glueing thing and would love a bit of advice. Her breeder lives in Adelaide so it's a bit of a drive to take her there :p

I've also posted this in the British Bulldog thread as I wasn't sure where to post :D

Maranda

Hi,

I have an 8 week old British Bulldog and her ears have managed to come unglued after a bit of rough play with my Pugs. Are there any breeders in the Brisbane area who would be kind enough to let me bring my girl around and show me how to re-glue her ears? As a Pug breeder I'm in new territory with this whole ear glueing thing and would love a bit of advice. Her breeder lives in Adelaide so it's a bit of a drive to take her there :p

I've also posted this in the British Bulldog thread as I wasn't sure where to post :D

Maranda

\

Hi Maranda

You can do it yourself its not that hard.

Will personal message you my phone number. I can help you over the phone if you like.

Will try to find the link to help as well.

Hi,

Maranda

\

Hi Maranda

You can do it yourself its not that hard.

Will personal message you my phone number. I can help you over the phone if you like.

Will try to find the link to help as well.

I messaged you but not sure if it went through.

Email me anyways.

Debbie

Secretary

Qld Bulldog Club

• 4 months later...

Hello there,

Just wondering if you had any pick finding someone in Brisbane to help. I am trying to find someone who would be kind enough to help me with the gluing of my bulldog pups ears as

Well as I am in new territory regarding the ear gluing.

Any information would be greatly appreciated

Cheers L xo

post-49399-0-37352000-1368491739_thumb.jpg

Ive never had anything to do with Bull dogs, so have never head of this? can someone please explain what it means ? just curious now having read this post ;) Do you have to use real glue? embarrass.gif

Never mind just you tubed it? whats the reason for it?

Edited by Jules❤3Cavs

Ive never had anything to do with Bull dogs, so have never head of this? can someone please explain what it means ? just curious now having read this post ;) Do you have to use real glue? embarrass.gif

Never mind just you tubed it? whats the reason for it?

Most do this (breeders) before the baby bullies go to their new forever homes.

Usually it's done so the bullies ears grow into the (desired) rose bud shape. I have heard alot, of those using super glue (non-toxic) of course, although you can use things such as your normal eye lash adhesive glue (which creates no harm).

It's not something that NEEDS to be done due to a medical known reason, it's just usually carried out so that the cartridge in the bully's ears form into that desired rose bud shape.

????

post-49399-0-32887700-1368501332_thumb.jpg

Interesting, so are some puppies naturally born with the rosebud ears and this is sort of a cheat to getting them that way with the ones that aren't or are they all glued routinely? Not judging, just curious :)

All Bulldogs are born with drop or V shaped ears. The rose ear starts to develop as the baby gets to about 8 or 9 weeks old and continues through to well into teething. If the baby has a correct sized ear(yes some of them can be too big and shaped incorrectly)the rose ear has a better chance of developing correctly and will show the inside burr.

Many breeders will glue the puppies ears after they have started to teeth to stamp in the correct and desired ear fold. This is not a hard thing to do but you will need to set the cartilage properly.

This desired rose ear can form itself and many breeders have no problems with their puppies, but if the ear is too large and is left in the drop position then it destroys the whole appearance of the dog.

Glueing ears is not "cheating". Teething and ears can make or break a nice dog.

Interesting, so are some puppies naturally born with the rosebud ears and this is sort of a cheat to getting them that way with the ones that aren't or are they all glued routinely? Not judging, just curious :)

You can't cheat bad ears no matter how much you glue or tape will never become perfect .

When they teeth ears can fly & often breeders will help good ears stay good because the cartilage can change & the muscle set differently whilst in the altered position .

Good ears can occasionally go bad but you can't make good ears good .

If the fold or set isn't there from day 1 then that is often what makes a pet or show dog.

Interesting :) I didn't mean cheat in a derogatory sort of way so apologies if it sounded like that, I was just trying to work out if they were naturally that way ever or if they were all done by glueing. I imagine it's similar to weighting ear tips to try to discourage them from pricking up too much.

Interesting :) I didn't mean cheat in a derogatory sort of way so apologies if it sounded like that, I was just trying to work out if they were naturally that way ever or if they were all done by glueing. I imagine it's similar to weighting ear tips to try to discourage them from pricking up too much.

Same concept but even with weighing if there crap ears it rarely works .most would do the weighing whilst teething on good ears