N A R G A

What's the FB link to NARGA? An organisation speaking for rescue should consist of representatives from those in already existing rescues. I'd be suspicious of any group that suddenly appear out of nowhere and refuse to answer questions or be transparent about who are involved. If they have mentioned PR in any sort of positive manner then I'd run like crazy.

facebook page https://www.facebook.com/NationalAnimalRescueGroupsofAustralia

From their website: "We are a group of like-minded people, mostly from rescue backgrounds, who were upset at the lack of support, power, status and recognition of the hard work that animal rescue groups, foster carers and volunteers do. We put our heads together and came up with the idea of creating an association, just for them, and so NARGA was born. We have expanded on our original expectations now so that eventually NARGA will be the ultimate "one-stop-shop" for information, guidance, resources, referrals, details and discounts, to name a few things."

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The PR post has gone from their fb page :thumbsup:

Now for a list of the committee members :)

What did the PR post say?

They shared the post directly from PR's page about the dogs that had been allegedly poisoned by members of other rescue groups. They were asking for $5,000 to treat the poisoned dogs. They had an account for donations but no proof of vetwork or who the treating vet was. Any posts asking for details of the vet so people could donate directly are deleted.

There are a couple of very frightening posts on PR's page. There's more discussion on the Pound Rounds Beware fb page https://www.facebook.com/poundroundsbeware?fref=ts

Truly scary stuff.

The fact they shared that is very worrying. Don't worry, I know all about that story because I'm one of the people libelled all over the place. There has to be a dividing line and anyone on the same side as PR don't exist for me I'm afraid.

When PR are giving other rescues a bad name by adopting out unsafe dogs, absolutely. Allowing them to be included, despite their actions, would make no sense to me (assuming they have been allowed to, who knows).

Is that the page linked above, why do they need two FB pages, have they been to the MN marketing techniques seminars :laugh:

I have an FB "page" and then just an FB account. So far as I could see, when setting up FB stuff on my website, it could only be a page, not an account (but I didn't like using the page, so made a normal account also).

Oh- and I also have a private group for current members for voting, discussions, etc (and the odd bit of bitching, at least it's a safe place for members to vent).

I'll admit I hadn't even thought about how that might look to other people.

NARGA are not associated with, or supporters of PR. Once they realised how the post was perceived they removed it.

Raechel from NARGA was kind enough to respond to my message about the situation and explained it to my satisfaction. She has also given me permission to post her reply here.

"Hi Jo,

Thanks for your comments. The post was put there by me. The point of the

post was that politics should not be taken out on the animals, ever. I

can see that making a post via PR was an error in judgement as NARGA

does not align itself with PR at all! The post may have incorrectly

given that impression, and I have taken it down because I do not want

that impression made. Thank you for pointing it out.

I understand your concerns. I can assure you PR's issues will not be a

part of NARGA. We are in the process of getting profiles together for

our committee members which will be on the website soon as many people,

like yourself, also want to know who is behind NARGA, and rightly so.

Thanks for taking the time to let us know your concerns.

Regards,

Raechel"

They appear to have a fair few FB pages, could be more I just did a quick search

Narga Forums

Narga Foster Care Training

Narga Network Partners

Is that the page linked above, why do they need two FB pages, have they been to the MN marketing techniques seminars :laugh:

The first link I provided, MN herself.

Although quite a few anti PR names in there as well so IDK what the go is.

Not trying to make this another PR thread though so that's all from me :)

For individuals I can see the benefit of having your hobby etc on a page separate to your name account, but why not just keep everything together if you are an organisation. People can still post on the wall of the main page.

You need to have an account to have a page though, no? And personally, I don't want my own account.

They appear to have a fair few FB pages, could be more I just did a quick search

Narga Forums

Narga Foster Care Training

Narga Network Partners

The first link I provided, MN herself.

Although quite a few anti PR names in there as well so IDK what the go is.

Not trying to make this another PR thread though so that's all from me :)

You missed a couple of Narga pages there-

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Narga-Kidz-4-Petz/460383727346325?ref=ts&fref=ts and the Narga Foster Care Training module which I can't seem to link to for some reason.

That's good that they have at least publicly distanced themselves. I know why I couldn't see her, she obviously has me blocked. I didn't want to hijack with PR stuff so only going to talk about their connection to NARGA.

All I want to know is.. will PR/STARS be allowed to join Narga?