Heelllpp! I Need Doler Snake Catcher

Nic.B

I remember when I was a kid I was at a friends house who lived two doors down, we were in her room and all of a sudden her dad came down and told us to stay where we were, close the door and put a towel under it. We thought it was all very exciting being 10 or so :laugh:, turned out there was a RBB in the house :eek: It had gotten under the oven and they got a guy out to catch it. We lived right near a large river at the time but he was pretty surprised that was what it was.

They had a couple of GSD's who were going nuts at it which is why it hid under the oven, the poor thing. Oh and the friends Mother.....Hysterical - totally petrified of snakes, it was a sight that's for sure :laugh:

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The RBB's are a lovely snake. I have a pet one called Elmo and he's just beautiful. :)

Photo???

I like snakes and wish they could be left alone, but where i live we are in a set of 20 units, we range from 90 year old ladies who spend all day every day into their garden down to i guess it would be me - pregnant with a new born only weeks away. It isnt safe to let them have run of the place when they do show up

My brother has a snake (python of some sort) and i love him, im one of the few people who will walk in and hold him, everyone else is scared of him! I think they are amazing animals... when not in my backyard!

Here you go.... my beautiful Elmo. *Named by my kids.... :o

He was about 18 months at a guess in this pic.

I must take some new photos of him as he's a big, beautiful boy now! :love:

post-14146-0-57200200-1358313567_thumb.jpg

See him smiling???? Proof that he doesn't want to hurt anyone! :)

Elmo is freaking me out Jeropath. Yikes, I can not belive your kids love him.

I am not saying it is bad or anything, I am just not used to it, let alone being friends with venomous snakes.

Are you married? How does your wife cope?

nic- glad there have been no more sightings ..he probably only comes out at night now - he's learned what crazy things happen in daylight hours!!!

He will be eating frogs .. and probably mice , too.

It's a worry having a venomous boarder ..but as said RBB's are very tolerant.

Hopefully all the activity will encourage him to move out !

Yes, fingers crossed Pers xxxx

I remember when I was a kid I was at a friends house who lived two doors down, we were in her room and all of a sudden her dad came down and told us to stay where we were, close the door and put a towel under it. We thought it was all very exciting being 10 or so :laugh:, turned out there was a RBB in the house :eek: It had gotten under the oven and they got a guy out to catch it. We lived right near a large river at the time but he was pretty surprised that was what it was.

They had a couple of GSD's who were going nuts at it which is why it hid under the oven, the poor thing. Oh and the friends Mother.....Hysterical - totally petrified of snakes, it was a sight that's for sure :laugh:

That is me :( I freak and have had one in the house as well. It is not an easy house to get into though we had three/four weeks of very heavy rain. He had 7 other calls to go to after me.

I was a basket case and had most visitors sitting on the kitchen table, the kids and dogs were all locked away.

The WIRES guy was great thank god; Got him out of the wardrobe and took him somewhere.

The RBB's are a lovely snake. I have a pet one called Elmo and he's just beautiful. :)

Photo???

I like snakes and wish they could be left alone, but where i live we are in a set of 20 units, we range from 90 year old ladies who spend all day every day into their garden down to i guess it would be me - pregnant with a new born only weeks away. It isnt safe to let them have run of the place when they do show up

My brother has a snake (python of some sort) and i love him, im one of the few people who will walk in and hold him, everyone else is scared of him! I think they are amazing animals... when not in my backyard!

I have friends with pythons and that is pretty cool but whoa that is full on having a venomous snake as a pet! :eek:

You just have to be responsible, and have rules. I have a number of 'reptile rooms' and the kids aren't allowed in the room with a venomous snake if I am going to have an enclosure open for feeding/cleaning etc. They know the rules.... if the door is closed they aren't allowed in.

I don't think it's full on as such, I have a very cool collection including a Crocodile, lots of Snakes, Lizards, Dragons, Frogs, Turtles, Goannas large and small.

But you wanna see what DOLer Snake Catcher has got.... he's right into the bitey stuff! :laugh:

I'll get there.... Things come slowly when you have a young family, and we must prioritize the money etc. It is am expensive hobby/passion, that's for sure!

Photo???

I am not saying it is bad or anything, I am just not used to it, let alone being friends with venomous snakes.

How does my Wife cope???? :rofl:

My Wife has a bigger collection than me! :laugh:

She runs a business called "Kinder Kritters" and takes a hoard of animals (reptiles and Marsupials) into Schools, Kindergartens, Special Development Centers etc educating children on our amazing Wildlife and how they can help protect these animals. She has a special 'Wildlife Demonstrators Permit' to be allowed to do this. My Wife has some enormous snakes, a huge Lace Monitor, and actually, Snap the Crocodile belongs to her....

When we met 10 years ago, she was deathly afraid of all reptiles, and believed that Bluetongues were poisonous etc.

I used to take her into the WA wilderness and catch these snakes and lizards etc and show her how cool they really are, and how to enjoy them safely. I also was able to correct countless untruths she'd been taught about snakes etc from a young age. She's certainly done a full-circle, as these animals are a huge part of her life.

I really don't know what I'd have done if she didn't grow to love them.... I doubt I'd have ever married her as it has always been a big part of my life.

Edited by jerojath

Photo???

How does my Wife cope???? :rofl:

My Wife has a bigger collection than me! :laugh:

She runs a business called "Kinder Kritters" and takes a hoard of animals (reptiles and Marsupials) into Schools, Kindergartens, Special Development Centers etc educating children on our amazing Wildlife and how they can help protect these animals. She has a special 'Wildlife Demonstrators Permit' to be allowed to do this. My Wife has some enormous snakes, a huge Lace Monitor, and actually, Snap the Crocodile belongs to her....

When we met 10 years ago, she was deathly afraid of all reptiles, and believed that Bluetongues were poisonous etc.

I used to take her into the WA wilderness and catch these snakes and lizards etc and show her how cool they really are, and how to enjoy them safely. I also was able to correct countless untruths she'd been taught about snakes etc from a young age. She's certainly done a full-circle, as these animals are a huge part of her life.

I really don't know what I'd have done if she didn't grow to love them.... I doubt I'd have ever married her as it has always been a big part of my life.

Wow that is amazing and beautiful :) Kindrid spirits :heart:

It would scare the life out of me as well :laugh:

Photo???

I have friends with pythons and that is pretty cool but whoa that is full on having a venomous snake as a pet! :eek:

You just have to be responsible, and have rules. I have a number of 'reptile rooms' and the kids aren't allowed in the room with a venomous snake if I am going to have an enclosure open for feeding/cleaning etc. They know the rules.... if the door is closed they aren't allowed in.

I don't think it's full on as such, I have a very cool collection including a Crocodile, lots of Snakes, Lizards, Dragons, Frogs, Turtles, Goannas large and small.

But you wanna see what DOLer Snake Catcher has got.... he's right into the bitey stuff! :laugh:

I'll get there.... Things come slowly when you have a young family, and we must prioritize the money etc. It is am expensive hobby/passion, that's for sure!

Sounds like a good safe system and great work on educating people! :thumbsup: Whenever there is a reptile show I take my kids, and recently went to a bug show where they could hold and touch some of the bugs.

I think I'll leave the venomous ones to you though :laugh:

1358313574[/url]' post='6089823']
1358302708[/url]' post='6089554']
1358112468[/url]' post='6086843']

Photo???

:love: Elmo is a beautiful example of a RBB. Such stunning snakes I think, and probably the only Ven I would ever think of owning.

They do have a very tolerant nature, the opposite of a Brown. :scared: :laugh: