Heelllpp! I Need Doler Snake Catcher

Nic.B

Nic I know one snake catcher located at Box Hill you may be able to call, send me a PM I will give you his number if you still need one.

SES and RFS will only attend if they have a qualified snake cathcher in their crew. Fire & Rescue will attend if it is in the house. If it does ever get in the house etc call 000 rather than individual stations.

Edited by ~Rumour~

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

SES and RFS would be unlikely to have any staff available.

Nic did you try the local police station? Depends who is on shift but they also have trained snake handlers on staff.

I agree, they are all so busy and seriously this is the last thing they need to worry about.

The Police gave me the 1300 number which I called. I am waiting for the National parks people to call back, RFS put me onto them. They are all volunteers and do an amazing job.

It will be fine, it is just freaking me out as this snake keeps coming back to the house and I have to assume it is either after something (water, food etc) or it already lives close to the house.

The idea of living close to the house seriously freaks me out :(

You also may need to consider it may have been living there for a long time, years even, and that the current weather conditions are just making it move in areas it doesn't usually and so it's more visible.

I also think snake is just trying to come 'home' ..and would have been living there some time. <br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: verdana, tahoma, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; background-color: rgb(238, 242, 247);">

plus you guys have been away with your dad, etc .. and now you're back, snake is all confused/upset.

RBB are one of my favourites, being so slow to defensive behaviour ......wish we had more of them instead of browns .. :(

That said .. snakes & dogs & humans sharing a home is not good at all :( , and I so hope you can get some help without injury to anyone .).incl the RBB who has been keeping your property vermin free ) .

nic B ..

please don't try & kill it ... your nerves are frayed enough , and dealing with snakes is best done when cool calm and collected ..... there is too much at risk .

Breathe , and just observe where it goes for now ...the more you try & side track it , the more defensive it will feel...

Please be careful.

Lol good luck with WIRES.

Last 2 times I called then

For a snake I was told to leave it alone it will move on and that they will only come out if Injured... :(

I also had a huge bluey in my yard kaos was trying to kill. Being pregnant and huge I was unable to get in there fast enough to catch him. They told me to pretty much get over it and grab him or let him be.

I ended up having to get a workmate to come help.

Won't be calling or donating to wires in a hurry again :(

It is tough with WIRES and snakes as sometimes there aren't any available volunteers in the area to help, but if you say that the snake has been there for days and keeps coming back and you know where it is, they will come.

Some locations have several very good snake handlers who will go check out all snake calls and some locations don't have as many.

Nope. All times they were not interested. All times I knew where the snake and lizard were and it wasn't a "I'm sorry we are flat out" or we have no one to help, it was a flat out no . Leave it alone and they won't help

1357964203[/url]' post='6085080']

Get a long handled shovel and dispose of it. Just make sure you get it right up near the head

That's right, and risk being bitten, well done. :clap:

Have you got a snake catcher yet? I can post on the forum I'm on and someone will come out, or will know of someone to ring.

RBB are beautiful snakes, and besides, it's illegal to kill or injure wildlife.

1357964203[/url]' post='6085080']

Get a long handled shovel and dispose of it. Just make sure you get it right up near the head

That's right, and risk being bitten, well done. :clap:

Have you got a snake catcher yet? I can post on the forum I'm on and someone will come out, or will know of someone to ring.

RBB are beautiful snakes, and besides, it's illegal to kill or injure wildlife.

If you can get someone to come out I will be so very greatful Caz.

I do not want to kill anything though OMG.

Seriously if it was only the STUPID snake I had deal with that would be fine. I have so many other things going on atm. That is my own/family stuff and the snake is not at fault though FAR OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just want the snake gone as HONESTLY I am not able to manage anything else atm. I have to leave for my Dads memorial service on the CC on monday.

I have spent all day trying to moove the stupid thing away from the house yard but no it comes back in! I have spent the rest of the day trying to snake proof (safely) the areas it is heading toward. It is 45 at least here and I have spent hours trying to do something other than killing the bloody thing. I will be outside for endless hours yet.

Sorry to vent, though SHIT! I have called every possible person and at this stage I think a shovel will ease my mind until I get back onto my feet and at least my dogs and kids will be safe, even if only for a little while.

I had a large copperhead close to my kitchen door a few years back. I called a friend to come round, just in case I got bitten. I got a large plastic bucket with a lid, I put on my long gum boots, big leather gauntlets and got some long handled barbeque tongs. I just picked the snake up and put it in the bucket and plonked the lid on. Then I took it up the road to the national park and let it go. I dont suppose you could do something like that could you?

Always get browns and RBBs near the house this time of year. Browns definitely I leave them be and they do go away [but they do like to sun bake out by the front door so nearly step on them walking out]. RBBs tend to always come back, especially if there are frogs and small lizards hanging around near the house. Usually can shoo them away with a broom, if they're under the verandah in the small dog run.

But, having said that always have the old saying going through my head. You more than likely won't lose your life to a RBB, but more than likely will lose a limb. Apparently their venom can cause severe necrosis.

Had a brown hanging around the goat yard a week or so ago...but I have noticed there aren't as many rats down there now - they're doing their job :D

Nic B it propbably feels like you are getting nowhere but you are working your way thru all the leads you are getting. Something will come thru. Just stay safe and keep all there safe for the time being. I can understand that when a snake seems to have a relenentless attraction to your house you are feeling unsafe. This is not forever and someone will be available. Just keep plugging away and avoid the backyard for now :)

Nic B it propbably feels like you are getting nowhere but you are working your way thru all the leads you are getting. Something will come thru. Just stay safe and keep all there safe for the time being. I can understand that when a snake seems to have a relenentless attraction to your house you are feeling unsafe. This is not forever and someone will be available. Just keep plugging away and avoid the backyard for now :)

What she said.

I'm terrified of snakes :(, I hope you can get someone there soon :hug:

Nic, can you PM me? I have someone who can help.

Can you pm me your phone number, (landline) as I have someone who can help (he will call you first) and if necessary he will send one of his contacts in your area out.

Edited by Cazablanca