Heelllpp! I Need Doler Snake Catcher

Nic.B

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am really sorry that I have not replied to other posts, it is not that I don't want too it is just that things are insane atm.

I will let you all know how we go and for goodness sake please be careful, snakes are well and truly out and about.

Dont risk anything. If I had let my dogs free roam I would not have known the stupid thing was hanging around.

1357983378[/url]' post='6085408']

Ok, I will get onto that.

Thank you

Your welcome Nic, hope they can be of some help to you. smile.gif

Thank you so much Caz :) we have been in touch and will touch base again am.

Doggies have all been out for a fang about on the longline just to be sure. So I guess all is well for now :scared:

Thank you so much Katdogs, I will let you know how we go :hug:

Bloody snakes!!!!!God they give me the S*#ts!

Bloody snakes!!!!!God they give me the S*#ts!

I know what you mean. I don't "hate" snakes exactly - I think they are creatures who deserve their space on earth, and I wonder at them for what nature has created. But I do dream of hiking through bush and forest lands such as they do in New Zealand, in nice weather and without concern for their dogs coming across a snake.

Hopefully by now you have resolved the issue but if it is hell bent on coming to house it is because it is smelling water & food also wants cool and dark place to hang out so as suggessted put out flat pan with water in it, also some eggs or chicken meat and a box and very likely it will retreat into box and stay put after a feed and drink. My brother is a heptologist and is down your way but by time I get in contact and he gets to where you are the snake may be long gone. It is midnight now when I see this post so if still having trouble tomorrow just PM me and I will give him a call on his mobile and see what he can organise.

Lol good luck with WIRES.

Last 2 times I called then

For a snake I was told to leave it alone it will move on and that they will only come out if Injured... :(

I also had a huge bluey in my yard kaos was trying to kill. Being pregnant and huge I was unable to get in there fast enough to catch him. They told me to pretty much get over it and grab him or let him be.

I ended up having to get a workmate to come help.

Won't be calling or donating to wires in a hurry again :(

It is tough with WIRES and snakes as sometimes there aren't any available volunteers in the area to help, but if you say that the snake has been there for days and keeps coming back and you know where it is, they will come.

Some locations have several very good snake handlers who will go check out all snake calls and some locations don't have as many.

Nope. All times they were not interested. All times I knew where the snake and lizard were and it wasn't a "I'm sorry we are flat out" or we have no one to help, it was a flat out no . Leave it alone and they won't help

I'm sorry they were unhelpful Teebs :(

If I end up going back to work there (I left when I had a baby) I will remember to help more with snake calls. Lizards are tougher, as not dangerous, usually people are just scared of them.

Can I help?

I gave you Rob Ambroses numbet Nic..Was he any help to you?

Yes he was fantastic, a great help.

No sign of the snake today, I hope he has moved on, he was after something though.

I started on the lawns yesterday, hope that puts him off.

It has been a comination of things to be honest.

There has been very little activity for months in the house yard as I have been travelling back and forth to spend time with Dad and the dogs come with me. It is over 8 hours of driving daily, and then time with my parents etc. I leave early am and am not home until dark. Combine that with the lack of yard work etc and I have to say I am not suprised.

Seriously, it probably has more to do with my own stuff/stress than the snake. I deal with snakes at home a lot. I just do not need a snake to deal with right now. If he went away the first time I turned him back I would have thought "Shit" not good, though the stoopid thing kept coming back, again and again.

I have my Dads memorial service tomorrow so this is the last thing I need, I just dont need the stress and worry.

I would love someone to come and remove the snake though I know another will just take it's place.

It comes back to the same thing every year, I have to just "manage" the whole lot.

Wires have been out, I went through everything with them and they were suprised he kept heading up to the house after he had been disturbed a number of times. They looked at the house etc and they think he lives under the house and is going through the circulation gaps in the brickwork.

I nearly died as the gaps are so small. Apparently snakes flatten out and can fit easily through the tiny gaps.

Needless to say I am still freaked out though I will have to deal with it all after Dad's memorial service. One thing at a time.