Friends Dogs Staying For 3 Nights

pirate

We have a friend's dogs staying for 3 nights whilst she is away. They are 4 shitzu looking forward to returning them already. So far they have terrorised my pointer he doesn't want to come out of the crate. The corgis are not amused they normally stand up for themselves. They are noisy lucky we are on acreage so nobody can hear them they have marked the furniture the floors. Any suggestion on what to do about the marking cause that is really annoying.

We have a friend's dogs staying for 3 nights whilst she is away. They are 4 shitzu looking forward to returning them already. So far they have terrorised my pointer he doesn't want to come out of the crate. The corgis are not amused they normally stand up for themselves. They are noisy lucky we are on acreage so nobody can hear them they have marked the furniture the floors. Any suggestion on what to do about the marking cause that is really annoying.

Take the Pointer out of the crate and put the Shih Tzu in it. They can alternate between being contained or outside.

Take the Pointer out of the crate and put the Shih Tzu in it. They can alternate between being contained or outside.

Yep, this sounds like a good idea.

Yep, this sounds like a good idea.

x3 this is what I'd do. If they are toileting everywhere do not let them have free run of the house, contain them and it will be way less stressful.

so ..you now have 4 shihtzus in a crate ???

be VERY VERY aware they may get agitated and fight :(

The really noisy one in the crate and the rest in the laundry. Peaceful at the moment.

Whew! That's a relief because my first thoughts were what Persephone said.

Agree with towels or old flannellette sheets to make belly bands.

Good luck. Time. Will. Pass. Very. Quickly :laugh:

Well that was an interesting night. Oke spent the night barking, put them to bed in they laundry and she started to bark at the others so put her in the crate were she continued to bark for most of the night. Hopefully tonight will be quieter. Then Ollie took over and started barking so he was put in the bathroom. Got it figured out Oke is in charge then Olle is next and then comes Jett and Baby. At the moment they are quiet. Jett is timid and a bit shy Baby just goes with the flow.

They go home today. After the first night they have settled in and behaved themselves. Would l have them again, not sure. Two of them are on couch my dogs aren't allowed on it. Think that Pi will be happy to see them go.

You are very nice to look after your friend's dogs, especially so many. It's always difficult I think to bring dogs into a doggy home in case there are disputes. We've just finished looking after an oldie for 6 weeks, this one was hard to give back.

It can be an interesting experience looking after other people's dogs. Bit embarrassing when they run back inside when they are supposed to be going home :o

One time when I minded for a few days a couple of dogs I'd rehomed, the dear owners admitted (after they'd been greeted with pure doggy delight) that they'd been worried their dogs wouldn't come to them. :laugh: :laugh: . I didn't share their concerns because I knew the dogs were totally and absolutely adored.