Back Seat Hammocks/ Buddies

Danois

I have had a back seat buddy for years. Never had an issue.

I have a car seat sitting on top of it and use it all the time.

It has to come out soon as I cAnt access the middle seat belt and the baby's car seat needs to go in.

Atlas also loved it, he would freak in a car but I think having the floor space covered helped him feel safer

Only used a back seat buddy in a subaru outback.

with rhis car. it was a hassle finding anchor points through the rear cargo area and from memory, we had to remove the cargo barrier every time we used the bAck seat buddy. I've seen them in sedans and I don't think they have this problem. The other thing that I disliked was that I could not really clip the dogs harnesses into tht seat brlts when using the bac seat buddy.

I just bought a back seat buddy for Zig because he swims each morning in the park pond and I wanted to look after the car seats.

It's awesome and I wish I had bought it ages ago.

There is a gap for the seat belts to come through, so I can clip his lead into the seat belt no worries at all.

If people are getting into the car it is easy to remove or just flip back over the back seat (I have a corolla hatch) and humans can sit on a clean seat.

I went through a couple of cheaper ones before I decided to get the BSB. I wish I had bought it earlier!

Took me about 30min to install (I had never had a prior need to find the anchor points in my car :laugh: )

It is tough and looks like it would last for years. I go to the beach frequently with one med-large dog so needed something this strong.

I am still able to secure my dog - I use two straps joined together for the length.

Real back seat buddy- still going strong after 7 years! I have ripped it in a few places recently but still functional and could easily be fixed.

It has had puppies born on it, had 7 kelpies squished in it, isnt taken out often so had other miscellaneous items thrown on it. aka generally been trashed.

I have a BSB in my Getz and it's bloody fantastic!! I rarely have more than one human passenger so it doesn't bother me that it's not easy to remove. Even though it has no access to the seatbelt clackers, I use a KURGO ZIP LINE to secure my dogs to.

Edit: I don't have my BSB attached to the anchor points of my car. I'm too lazy for that so I improvised :laugh:

They're very sturdy, regardless of dog weight Danois, although the combined weight of my guys is around 20 kilos!

Edited by RiverStar-Aura

Thanks!!

How sturdy are they? I have 60kg of dog!

7 Kelpies ranging from 12-20kg...... I dont think you will have a problem!! Most of my use would have been with 45-50kg of bouncing dogs :laugh:

Back when I had a sedan I used to fit ten dogs in a Camry. Don't do that anymore but back then I had a 63kilo Dane and a 33 kilo Malinois cross sharing the BSB with a littler whippet cross and a kelpie. (The other 6 were tinies,crated up front. No problems, the BSB was tough enough.

I will say that the hair can still get round the sides a bit unless you get the right size for your car. I also let one front down so my whippet cross could sit in the foot well. She preferred to travel there. That might have contributed to the hair getting out.

Gave mine away when I sold the sedan. It was a tough item. Still had years of wear left in it.