Meals For Mutts

Tazar

• 1 year later...

I am pretty sure that irradiation of pet foods no longer happens due to illnesses reported (especially in cats). I believe that foods that were not brought to a certain temperature in manufacture were previously required to be treated for potential pathogens. I think that foods like this i.e. Origen, are no longer brought into the country.

I could be wrong though :)

Edit - I posted this in response to a person claiming that all food imported into Oz get irradiated and fumigated. Looks like the post and/or person making the claims has been deleted, I wonder if it was a company respesentative spruiking their products???

Edited by Yonjuro

Irradiation of cat foods no longer happens. Foods are either approved for entry into Australia, or not allowed. Dogfood and treats that are subject to irradiation (and I am not aware of any dogfood) must be labelled not suitable for cats. We are lucky to have such variety here, both imported and locally made.

I am pretty sure that irradiation of pet foods no longer happens due to illnesses reported (especially in cats). I believe that foods that were not brought to a certain temperature in manufacture were previously required to be treated for potential pathogens. I think that foods like this i.e. Origen, are no longer brought into the country.

I could be wrong though :)

Edit - I posted this in response to a person claiming that all food imported into Oz get irradiated and fumigated. Looks like the post and/or person making the claims has been deleted, I wonder if it was a company respesentative spruiking their products???

• 1 month later...

Trying a sample bag now. First meal tonight.

It is quite a fine, flat kibble. Consequently it weighs light so the dogs got a fair bit for the recommended weight. The honorary Labrador was thrilled!

MFB ate it happily but tomorrow and the next day will be the test for him.

Day 2 - MFB consumed his with gusto. :)

:thumbsup:

Is day 3 when you know for sure you're onto a good thing?

Just out of curiosity HW, how round you rate this food compared to the VIP grain free or the new Natures Gift semi moist?

Just out of curiosity HW, how round you rate this food compared to the VIP grain free or the new Natures Gift semi moist?

Day 3 seems to be "reject" day if MFB doesn't like something. So far only one kibble has EVER passed Day 3. eek1.gif

I haven't tried the other two sorry and I won't rate this one fully until I've fed it for 6 weeks. I'd want to know what it did for coat and muscle condition.

This gave my dogs massive stools. Plus I dislike how thin each piece is.

I currently feed V.I.P, well at least trialing it.

Edited by english.ivy

Day 2 - MFB consumed his with gusto. :)

NG isn't new :) It has been around for years. I've never feed it a lot as it used to come in tiny bags. So couldn't give a long term assessment of it. The dogs all love it though.

Where did you find it, HW? Mine don't mind it, but the cats go crazy for the Meow version.

According to the the M4M website, the pet shop at Fyshwick markets sell it. I have yet to visit to check though.

Day 4 and MFB still happily chowed down on it :cheer: