Puppy Bars

Sayreovi

So I know nothing beats puppy bars for quality, but has anyone had them made by someone else in Victoria? Or even know any for sale (anywhere) suitable for an xtrail?

I am on the wait list for them, but if I can get them quicker and cheaper it would be great :)

People who work with metal, can weld etc should be able to make them. A shed builder made mine for me. Just be sure to specify exactly what you want because non-dog people don't always understand about unsafe gaps, not having sharp bits etc

The explorer and the tribute are in effect the same car rebadged. The x-trail would most likely be different. Biders 4wd in Cranbourne do a great job with any fabrication and welding work and are usually really well-priced. Show them a photo of what you want and they will be able to make it for you.

http://biders4wd.com.au/

14 Gordon St

Factory 1/14

Cranbourne, VIC

5998 4689

Thanks guys!

PME - I saw that one but doubt it would fit my car :( I've sent an email though as they have probably sold.

ETA: Thanks SecretKei for the suggestion, going in to have a look at the ones they make and if I like them will get them measured up today :thumbsup: They are around the same price as puppy bars so hopefully they are similar or better quality :D

Edited by tollersowned

Wouldn't fit an 2008 would they SnT?

I went out too look at them, and they look great, a few differences like the door openers and bar spacing (smaller) but looks good. Going back in tomorrow to get my car measured and I will have them within a month.....now to decide what colour to powdercoat them in :p

I went out too look at them, and they look great, a few differences like the door openers and bar spacing (smaller) but looks good. Going back in tomorrow to get my car measured and I will have them within a month.....now to decide what colour to powdercoat them in :p

How much were they?

The main reason I haven't got Puppybars is the wait but umm I would have had them years ago if I had just gone on the wait list :o

I have to go back on the list :laugh: as I had to take my false floor out.

:offtopic: if anyone's looking to buy false floor & double gated (no divider) puppy bars I have some for the pre 2007 X-trail. Be good for multiple little dogs.

CAn you post the measurements? I have a forester, so most probably won't fit any way..

How much were they?

The main reason I haven't got Puppybars is the wait but umm I would have had them years ago if I had just gone on the wait list :o

They are going to be around $700, and that's just for a double door thingy, no divider or false floor, too get a divider as well I think was $1200? Around that anyway. He has them in his car and I was pretty impressed, very sturdy and well made. He is a dog person (breeds, shows, judges) so am pretty happy with them being suitable :)

:offtopic: if anyone's looking to buy false floor & double gated (no divider) puppy bars I have some for the pre 2007 X-trail. Be good for multiple little dogs.

CAn you post the measurements? I have a forester, so most probably won't fit any way..

Yep I will post measurements tomorrow. I'll send it by PM so I stop hacking TO's thread. :o

What year is your forester? There is one here that is 2007 I can check against the PB.

Not sure TO my false floor was 200mm high. I don't know how high your drawers are..??

Do you have a sunroof? If so, I think the roof height is slightly less than my ST.

Not sure about how high they are, I don't have a sunroof and mine is a ST as well.

Yep I will post measurements tomorrow. I'll send it by PM so I stop hacking TO's thread. :o

Go ahead Mel :p I don't mind, though I am interested in measurements as well so can you post them in here? (if you don't mind? :)) There shouldn't be too much difference hopefully

Something I recently found out was that if you have anytype of caging system added to your vehicle you have to be careful with your car insurance as in some instances some companies see this as a 'modification' - how I don't know but was enough for them to say it voided policy.

Another grey area is the dividers between back seats and boot space area in SUV/4WD etc these must be the original vehicle type and correctly bolted /fitted etc so as not to interfere with air bag deployment where curtain airbags are fitted etc, another insurance problem as well as huge safety issue for human and animal occupants.

A recent accident involving a 4WD with dog specific cage fitted in boot space and wall divider installed, the occupant also had 2 young children in back seat in car seats however the use of the correct belt retraints which were roof mounted and came through from back of vehicle were impeded by the cage and divider so I don't think I need to say what happened with the car seats and children in them. :(