Missing Challenge

Leema

On the 23rd of October 2011, I had a friend show my bitch at the Southern Cross Kennel Club Inc's show under Mrs S Godfrey.

My bitch was the only one entered, and so was awarded BOB and 6 points.

My friend did not pick up the challenge.

Now, I need these 6 points to get the bitch's title.

I have contacted R(ob?) Bennetts, the contact for the club on Dogs Victoria website, on numerous occasions, and left numerous messages, which he has never returned.

I have contacted Dogs Victoria and they don't have a catalogue from the show on the 23rd of October 2011 (only the day before).

Is there any other means to try to get this challenge? (Or just a statement that it was awarded, as Dogs SA (my state) have said that they will accept a letter from the secretary of Dogs Victoria saying the challenge was awarded.)

Me too same show. Mr Bennetts mailed mine but it never arrived. (no diificulty reaching him for me).

He said told me there was no way to get a copy so I have no idea if I can count the points or not?

Keep trying to catch

Him as I spoke to him only last Fri and he does still hv some certs there as he had a shuffle thru for mine.

Meea, that's reassuring to think he might still have some challenges! I will try to ring him every few hours and hopefully he'll be home at some point and answer!

(And funny that it happened to you with the same show!)

That wld be about when I reached him each

Time.

Mine was due to confusion as we had a specialty in the am and if I was entitled to cc. Turns out I was. :). Then it was lost :(

Edited by Meea

I managed to get Rod at last, but he doesn't have a challenge for me.

He does have a catalogue for the day that shows my bitch was the only one entered on the date, but that of course doesn't prove that she a) attended and b) was awarded challenge. :(

Any other ideas?

He does have a catalogue for the day that shows my bitch was the only one entered on the date, but that of course doesn't prove that she a) attended and b) was awarded challenge. :(

Any other ideas?

Surely there must be stewards' sheets or something?

Any other ideas?

Surely there must be stewards' sheets or something?

all of which have to be kept

Who keeps steward sheets? The club or VCA?

The club is suppossed to keep all the paperwork from a show for 7 years I think.

And why does the VCA not have a marked catalogue? All clubs have to send them in and again I would have thought they should keep them for at least 7 years.

The club is suppossed to keep all the paperwork from a show for 7 years I think.

And why does the VCA not have a marked catalogue? All clubs have to send them in and again I would have thought they should keep them for at least 7 years.

I am with you Renanne. I have personally posted a marked catalogue into the post box on the veranda after our Champ Show.

I bet the VCA have a catalogue, just not in the office and if you have seen the archives where the old catalogues are kept you would wonder why clubs bother to send them in to the VCA. They would be better holding on to them and protecting the information.