Westminster

The Spotted Devil

Yes I was up into the wee hours of the morning watching Gundog breed judging then watched live streaming of the Groups and BIS today. A few Aussies did well, including an Aussie bred Wei going select bitch, the Aussie Lowchen BOB and I think the Group 2 Puli was Australian too...

nice to see a few Aussie dogs getting up there :D and watch a few breeds we don't see here

Results I have for those who are interested

Toy -

1 - Affen

2 - min pin

3 - Peke

4 - pug

Hound -

1 - American foxhound

2 - Basset hound

3 - pbgv

4 - otterhound

Non-sporting -

1 - bichon

2- std poodle

3- French bulldog

4- Tibetan spaniel

Herding -

1- oes

2- puli (from aus!)

3- beauceron

4 - Canaan dog

Sporting -

1- German wire haired pointer

2- black cocker spaniel (American)

3- English springer

4 - clumber

Working -

1 - porteguese water dog

2 - dobe

3 - boxer

4- rotti

Terrier -

1 - smooth foxy

2- wire foxy

3- border

4- Russell

Yes, I've been watching, some truly gorgeous dogs and the atmosphere looks incredible. Great to see some Aussie dogs doing well! I think it was a very well deserved win for Banana Joe, it's a shame that there are many people on the Facebook page having a whinge (in some cases being quite rude about it). I thought the OES, Swagger was pretty amazing to do so well as a class dog, and I thought the American Foxhound, Jewel was stunning as well.

I'm looking forward to being there in person in 2015!

Terrier -

1 - smooth foxy

2- wire foxy

3- border

4- Russell

The smooth foxy didn't do much for me but I really liked the wire. The border was very nice and so was the Jack (sorry, none of this 'Russell' terrier nonsense; it's a Jack Russell).

Terrier -

1 - smooth foxy

2- wire foxy

3- border

4- Russell

The smooth foxy didn't do much for me but I really liked the wire. The border was very nice and so was the Jack (sorry, none of this 'Russell' terrier nonsense; it's a Jack Russell).

My thoughts exactly :)

Terrier -

1 - smooth foxy

2- wire foxy

3- border

4- Russell

Why did they drop the Jack? same for dropping Australian from the Silky?

Edited by Rebanne

Terrier -

1 - smooth foxy

2- wire foxy

3- border

4- Russell

They had a name clash, so had to name them Russell Terriers

ETA: As far as I'm aware, the Parson used to be called the Jack Russell Terrier (AKC), but it was changed to Parson in about 2003. They couldn't re-use the name :)

Edited by weisnjac

The AKC has Parsons & Russells on their register.

No "Jacks"

When in Rome..

They are JRT's, but they had to alter their name for AKC registration.

I don't care what they are called, I'm just really please to see them in the ring over there.

Terrier -

1 - smooth foxy

2- wire foxy

3- border

4- Russell

They had a name clash, so had to name them Russell Terriers

ETA: As far as I'm aware, the Parson used to be called the Jack Russell Terrier (AKC), but it was changed to Parson in about 2003. They couldn't re-use the name :)

Oops :laugh: sorry I had no idea it was a JRT, I didn't watch the terrier group so I just got the terrier results off the westminster page, I assumed it was another breed I've never seen :laugh:

Oops :laugh: sorry I had no idea it was a JRT, I didn't watch the terrier group so I just got the terrier results off the westminster page, I assumed it was another breed I've never seen :laugh:

:laugh: It was a Jack! First time shown at Westminster, and only recognised fully this year. He is from Sweden, from Australian lines. Lovely boy.

:laugh: It was a Jack! First time shown at Westminster, and only recognised fully this year. He is from Sweden, from Australian lines. Lovely boy.

very nice :D

Given the Jack Russell isn't recognised by the K.C.

Which countries have written the standards for both the Jack Russell & the Russell.

Would an AKC registered Russell by recognised as a Jack Russell by the ANKC or would it also be listed as a Russell, a different breed altogether?

I assume neither would be reconised by the K.C.?

Given the Jack Russell isn't recognised by the K.C.

Which countries have written the standards for both the Jack Russell & the Russell.

Would an AKC registered Russell by recognised as a Jack Russell by the ANKC or would it also be listed as a Russell, a different breed altogether?

I assume neither would be reconised by the K.C.?

I'm not quite sure I understand your question..

The breed is known here as Jack Russell Terrier. They couldn't use that name over there (I mention why in an earlier post), so had to use Russell Terrier. It's the same breed.

ETA: Given that the winner was imported from Sweden, where he was registered as a Jack Russell Terrier, I assume if we imported him to Australia, he would be registered here as a JRT. I know semen has come over, and that is what has happened.

Edited by weisnjac