Denise Fenzi - Seminar Announcement

Jigsaw

The committee of Positively Powered Up Training Trials Inc. is pleased to advise that we will be hosting Denise Fenzi for a weekend seminar on Motivation and Drives (Day 1) and Problems in Obedience (Day 2) on 13th and 14th July.

There will be 24 working positions with dog and handler at this seminar, 12 on the Saturday and 12 on the Sunday. The same dog and handler team may be selected to be involved on both days. The seminar will be held in the Morisset area, north of Sydney, easily accessed from the F3.

Denise will also be available for HALF HOUR private lessons at Morisset

Showground, on Monday, 15th July at an approximate cost of $50.

The venue and cost for the seminar is yet to be finalised, however we are

taking expressions of interest for both Handler and Auditor positions.

If you would like to register your interest for this fantastic seminar please send your name and contact details to [email protected] and you will be placed on the list to receive detailed information regarding the seminar as they become available.

Denise's specialty is Understanding and Building Motivation and Drive. She covers the what's and why's of drive; understanding of drive will not only help build drive with a dog, it will also assist on channeling drive with the over the top dogs.

Denise has the first and only dog of any breed to make OTCH SchH2 Mondio1 (Raika, Terv), and the second dog of any breed to make OTCH, SchH3 (Cisu, Terv). Both these dogs were trained exclusively with motivational training (this is R+ or without any pain compliance). This is unheard of in the world of protection sports.

About the instructor: Denise Fenzi is a 25 year veteran of training, competing, and titling in schutzhund, obedience, tracking, agility, conformation, and herding who has earned multiple HITs in obedience and schutzhund. Denise’s positive training methods are widely recognised for producing dogs with exceptional attention, accuracy and enthusiasm for their work. She uses her extensive knowledge of canine drives to motivate the dog and turn training into a positive experience for an enthusiastic and accurate performance. She has extensive experience working with all kinds of dogs.

Denise does more than teach you to train your dog in specific exercises. She teaches you to understand the work from your dog’s point of view, so you become a problem solver for your dog. Denise has an affinity for working with puppies and dogs needing retraining on poorly taught exercises.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just saw on the APDT calendar that she will be in Perth in late July too. It sounds very interesting!

Between this and chicken camp I feel like I should hang around in WA a bit longer.... :grimace:

(and then move to SA in time for guinea pig camp :) )

Edited by TheLBD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi Poodle Mum - pretty sure I got your email and sent you a registration form! That's if your initials are JH! :)

There are still auditor positions available if anyone is interested in coming along to the seminar. Seminar is being held at Wyee, just off the F3 near Morisset (1.5 hrs north of Sydney) on 13 & 14 July. Day one on Drives and Motivation, Day two on Obedience Problem Solving. Further details available on our website, if you go to events there should be a link where you can download a registration form for more information. http://www.positivelypoweredup.com

Hi Jigsaw,

I just replied to your email. I am really, really hoping that I can have a lesson with Denise on the 15th. I will let you know as soon as the Doctor gets back to me with a date.

Thanks again for organising this, I am really, really looking forward to it!

• 2 weeks later...