A Follow On Thread For Those Who Now Have Their Puppy

julesluvscavs

OMG! FIVE weeks!! Better get butt in motion.

We can stack.

We can't mouth. (Bitey little bugger)

We goof off in lead.

I have no outfit.

Gaaaaaaaahhhhhhh

She is still looking beautiful though. Slightly leggy at the moment. But overall pretty balanced. :)

When do we get our tickets and numbers?

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think many babies can mouth very well, none that I've been watching lately anyway! Sumo isn't bitey he's just wriggly! We can gait really well 9 times out of 10. Stacking is another story...

I have no outfit either, stressing over what to wear a little bit!

No idea on the tickets and numbers!

Guest hankodie

Hi all... Hope you don't mind me joining the club :wave: We brought home our GR pup Hank a few days ago, he is 9 weeks this week! So far things have been going well, apart from a bout of the puppy runs when we brought him home - I was so panicked I rushed him to my vet who assured me it was normal! Sure enough his stools have firmed up now. Here's a photo I took yesterday - he's a very calm puppy (especially compared to our frenchie!)

2ujjpfk.jpg

Congratulations, Welcome to Puppyhood! Look at that face! Hank is adorable!!

Ahh puppy runs. 5am the morning after I bought Nova home he let it all go as I was carrying him outside... all over my white carpet crying.gif

But they firmed up soon after :)

Last night was the first time I went out at night and left Nova! My housemate was puppy sitting but still, he was staring at me through the window as I left! (I did come back at 11pm laugh.gif)

Surprisingly he did not try to eat my black stockings or brand new dress!

Today he doesn't want to come inside and is outside laying in the rain. Crazy dog.

Hank is super cute! Congrats!

Nice work on actually having a night out Lisa! Nixon will be 6months old next week, and we haven't been out at night since we got him... We'll have to brave it eventually I guess. I'm sure he'll be fine, but I'm nervous!

He had his first day at home without me coming home at lunch time last week, which was a mixed bag... Our lovely neighbour agreed to poke his lunchtime kong through the fence for him, but my other neighbour (also lovely) sent me a text late afternoon to say he'd been barking for an hour and should she go rescue him?

He was clearly un-nerved that I hadn't been home when I should have been, and as it got closer to when I'd usually be home from work he was getting quite upset I guess! not looking forward to weaning him off the lunchtime visits altogether, but it'll have to be done over the next few weeks I guess...

Aww Poor Nixon :(

Because every day I have lunch break at a different time, I find Nova isn't really expecting me to arrive at a certain time, although he does in the afternoons.

Are you able to change your lunch breaks around to slightly different times as you wean him off them?

Well it was my boyfriend and I's 3rd year together, So I got all fancy, bought a new dress and went to a new fancy restaurant and new cocktail bar! Walking between the restaurant and cocktail bar I just kept thinking about poor Nova! But my housemate sent me 2 picture updates of him, he just slept the whole time laugh.gif

Guest hankodie

Congratulations, Welcome to Puppyhood! Look at that face! Hank is adorable!!

Ahh puppy runs. 5am the morning after I bought Nova home he let it all go as I was carrying him outside... all over my white carpet crying.gif

But they firmed up soon after :)

Thank you! Oh dear, poor Nova!! All you can do in that situation is laugh (and maybe cry a little).

I'm hoping he'll adjust fairly quickly. My plan is stop the food in about a week, but still keep coming home for another week or two, then just start dropping days occasionally, so it won't be every day, then just slowly drop the number of days right back.

My home time in the arvo tends to vary a fair bit depending on what errands I need to run, and he seems to handle that ok.

It's probably more me that will miss my lunchtime cuddles! But at least it's getting dark later now, so we can have a bit more fun after work.

Congrats on your anniversary! Sounds like it was a great night!

We have our first wedding anniversary coming up in a couple of weeks, and will actually be out at another wedding for the night! Luckily circumstance has provided a puppy sitter, so it could still be a while before we leave him alone at night. I know he'd be fine - I think I'm more worried he'd just bark a lot and drive the neighbours nuts, but it's probably more likely he'd wander the yard eating possum poo for hours on end!

Tickets, numbers etc should be soon for Adelaide Royal. Melb Royal sends them out about 3 or 4 weeks prior. I am bringing my greyhound boy over on Wednesday 11th. Will be our first Adelaide Royal

Thanks Rebanne. I hope you enjoy the Adelaide Royal. I think it's a bit more slow paced than Vic's....at least from my distant memory. I haven't been to a Royal in quite a long time and I haven't been to a Vic Royal even longer again.

I've got my daughter and a friend coming along as well. I'm guessing I won't see the daughter for a large part of the day. :cry: And my friend is not 'that' dog orientated, they do like dogs, despite the allergies...I DID warn them dog shows are boooooring, if you aren't really into them and even more boring when it's a Royal. But what can you do? :laugh:

Hi all... Hope you don't mind me joining the club :wave: We brought home our GR pup Hank a few days ago, he is 9 weeks this week! So far things have been going well, apart from a bout of the puppy runs when we brought him home - I was so panicked I rushed him to my vet who assured me it was normal! Sure enough his stools have firmed up now. Here's a photo I took yesterday - he's a very calm puppy (especially compared to our frenchie!)

2ujjpfk.jpg

How cute is this face? (Very!)

Willow was calm and all sweetness for about a day...then her inner 'fire' burgeoned (aka Feralness).

Congrats on the new addition! Goldies are pretty great dogs, they are always smiling.

Hankodie, Yes there was a lot of laughter at the poop lol. Bicarb soda and white vinegar are great at taking out runny poop stains!

Thanks Aliwake it was a great night :) I'm sure Nixon will be just fine.

I know Nova will have to be home alone for a night in September, so that might be his first time at night without a puppy sitter, but If it's like last night, yep he'll just sleep :) I'm going to start slowly leaving him outside for longer and longer at night time. He does love being outside though :)

We went for a walk this arvo when I got home in a break from the rain. Nova's first walk when it's been wet. He went puddle jumping!!! He is soaked laugh.gif

Hmm, I am wondering if I am annoying Treble's breeder or not. I have been giving her updates about what has been going on with him, when we got him home he had stitches in from when he was desexed and some on his tummy from where he had a hernia repaired and the stitches got a bit infected (all is good now) and then he had an ear infection ( which is all good now) which I have let her know how everything has gone on, however I am now concerned I am becoming that person people shy away from at parties.. You know the one who has all the pictures of their kids in their wallet and their whole life story to tell you :laugh: She has been good though, just wondering if I am being full on.

gah I have that I am a anxious type..

--Lhok

Hmm, I am wondering if I am annoying Treble's breeder or not. I have been giving her updates about what has been going on with him, when we got him home he had stitches in from when he was desexed and some on his tummy from where he had a hernia repaired and the stitches got a bit infected (all is good now) and then he had an ear infection ( which is all good now) which I have let her know how everything has gone on, however I am now concerned I am becoming that person people shy away from at parties.. You know the one who has all the pictures of their kids in their wallet and their whole life story to tell you :laugh: She has been good though, just wondering if I am being full on.

gah I have that I am a anxious type..

--Lhok

As a breeder I love to hear as much as I can. Most breeders do. Email's are great for updates ss thry can be read whenever.

Lisa does your Aussie love the big plushy toys too? my boy has three now and he loves dragging them around, play fighting with them and rolling around on the floor with them. its hilarious when he sees his big teddy in the middle of the room, runs a full speed to it and does a flying jumping nut case leap onto it ending in a three or 4 turn barrel roll only to repeat the motion again from the opposite direction :rofl:

EDIt: spelling is atrocious

Edited by JackC