A Follow On Thread For Those Who Now Have Their Puppy

julesluvscavs

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm I've never tried yoghurt with him, I have given him sardines on his food before and he liked that up until a week ago when he left them untouched. What type of yoghurt or can it be any of them?

I don't mind giving variety if it means he will eat his food, I used to mix up two different types of dry food for Missy dog and then give her tinned food, sardines, raw meat, off cuts and fruit and vegies.

--Lhok

Tinned tuna or salmon?

It is looking like the shopping list I have for Treb is bigger then the one I have for myself.. :laugh:

--Lhok

Our house is about the same. Sad state of affairs when you're getting to the end of the pay month and eyeing off the dogs tinned salmon for a pasta. :D

Hi all! I can finally join in here! Frank came home with us today. He slept most of the hour drive home but woke whimpering a couple of times. He is now fast asleep on my youngest son's lap. He is totally adorable and I've never seen a running puppy look so funny before with his flapping ears :laugh:

DSC00735ed_zps7cea439b.jpg

It has been soooo... Long since I've been able to read, let alone post anything. Busy busy!

Hannah878, frank is gorgeous - love his name too.

I have just read the last 8 pages or so and now I can't remember which pics I've seen and who I've read all about. All the pups are growing into gorgeous bigger pups!

Lhok, have you tried cottage cheese mixed with dry food? That's what Griffin has for breakfast mixed with his dry food.

I've found it interesting reading the various weights of the puppies. I tried weighing Griffin on our scales with me last week and he was around 19.4kg at 5mths. He's been teething and his favourite chew toy in that time has been sticks from the garden... Some big branches had fallen down in the winds and he likes to chew on them.

We started obedience classes with him last week and he seemed to go well. He is also walking on the lead really well after I put some hard work into it with him not being allowed to pull. The only times he pulls now is if the kids are walking ahead and get out of sight. He doesn't like them being out of his sight if they're in front. If they're behind us it doesn't bother him. Here are some recent pics of him :)

9e9avyhu.jpg

Chilling on the couch...

amajehu2.jpg

Getting stuck on the hammock...

zyzytute.jpg

Having a run in the water at Bayview

Guest hankodie

Griffin has grown so much! He's looking very handsome!

Nova is back on long line only mode. Teenageness kicked in this arvo with him ignoring my recalls for the first time.

Glad I'm not the only one dealing with the teenage stage! We also had to take a few steps back in Hank's training including his recall (also back on the long lead). He's also pulling on the lead like crazy even though his loose lead walking was near perfect before. Also choosing to ignore me on walks which is frustrating as I lose his focus every time a leaf blows by :mad

Oh well! We are soldiering on regardless! Nova looks so handsome, as usual :D

Just keep sticking to it Hankodie! We will come out the other side with nice, calm, well behaved boys. Hopefully within 24 months !!! :)

We've both put the effort in!

And Nova has never been able to concentrate when a leaf had blown past. They are his weakness lol

Thank you! He's becoming such a beauty :)

Guest hankodie

Just keep sticking to it Hankodie! We will come out the other side with nice, calm, well behaved boys. Hopefully within 24 months !!! :)

We've both put the effort in!

Hear, hear Lisa! I don't feel so alone now :laugh:

We are back to obedience on Tuesday after a short break. Keen to get some proofing done around other dogs again :thumbsup: I've also ordered him a new harness with an "in training" patch as well as "do not pat" - I feel bad if he has to wear it but he seriously gets so much attention on our walks he's starting to get a big head! We walked past a group of girls doing yoga today and he stopped and wouldn't budge, hoping someone would get up and give him a pat!!!! hahaha

Guest hankodie

We have had some food success! Treble likes Chicken and Rice, and now will also eat with gusto Tuna and rice :D We know we are onto something when he eats it back to back :D

--Lhok

Glad to hear Treb is eating again Lhok! Hopefully he gets back up to full speed soon :)

Hey everyone!

Haven't popped in in a while! Looks like everyone's dogs are doing great! Tyrion is now 7kgs and 6 months so about half of what he should weigh fully grown.

Anyone know if this is an ok weight? My inlaws keep crapping on about how "skinny" and "underweight" he is. (im fairly sure he isn't. I googled it and he is within perfect weight range). It just shits me cause they want to feed him more when they're here, their dogs are so overweight but they see nothing wrong with it. All they keep saying "oh but you can feel his ribs"... im like "but your MEANT to." grr

"groan", our boy is a "woos" when it comes to wet grass. He has not seen it much, and yesterday decided that he really was not going outside in the rain, and the corner of the lounge room was a good alternative. He had only gone under an hour ealier too. So today he is chilling in his closed crate next to me until he decides he does need to go, no matter how wet it is.

What is he going to think when we have inch thick frost on the ground?

Is there anything I can do besides playing/treating him in the wet to show him all is good. He simply bolts back inside as soon as he feels damp ground- yet he loves water :(

Oh well, the joys of toilet training- just when you think they have the idea.....

Zereuloh, we get that all the time from well meaning people who think fat equals healthy, even though our vet keeps telling us our dogs vould lose a little weight. Jingo is a lightweight yet, as he does not eat a great deal, but his appetite is picking up now :thumbsup: You know your puppy better than anyone, so keep to your routine, smile and then ignore the advice. Don't let people's remarks hurt you.

Di