Best Frisbee Discs For Dogs

Hello,

I have a very active border collie (Jaila) who loves her disc and we love it too as its a great way to burn off some energy!

Problem is we have had a blue disc for years and is it is starting to split and I we desperately want to replace it (see attached pic). There is no brand name on it, just an imprint of a bone pattern. I have seen this same disc in photos on this site but in orange. Does anyone know what it is and where I can buy another?

post-48805-0-08054600-1361877294_thumb.jpeg

post-48805-0-73326200-1361877387_thumb.jpeg

So far the replacement ones do not stack up. Here is my wish list; soft rubber (so its soft on the dogs mouth) but actually flies not just fall out of the sky.

So far I have tried:

- aussie dog disc (not too bad, but quickly gets warped and doesnt fly well)

- Kong - way too heavy, like a brick

- dog discuit (from flash dogs, glows in the dark - pretty great product, but plastic hard)

- ezy dog canvas disc (dont really fly very well and fall apart easily)

- planet dog disc (too heavy - doesnt fly very well)

- petstages (too heavy)

Your comments and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone

Edited by mememouse

The one you are looking for use to be at k mart and big w. I have not seen them in years at either. I have an orange one here but the dog it belongs to is not allowed to play fetching/ jumping/ frisbee games anymore :(.

I am trying to think of the brand name, it will come to me :laugh:.

Rogz make a foam frisbee as well that might be ok.

:thumbsup: Thanks for the link to the Cyber Dog, Clover - my guys have that - I bought some extras when Big W had them. They last well, and can be folded up in the mouth - and are good for tuffy, my BCs report - and still survive! The dogs and I also love the nylon ones - Flippy Flopper and Soft Bite - that Clean Run have - worth getting some when they're on free shipping.

No problems at all guys. It gave me something to do waiting for a friend who is in the USA working to come online so we could say hello :).

The Aussie dog blue frisbees were also a hit here. The boy used to carry his like this ...........

8512991094_15ba186984.jpg

Photo 1 - 2013-02-27 by clover_elvis, on Flickr

Edited by Clover

:thumbsup: Thanks for the link to the Cyber Dog, Clover - my guys have that - I bought some extras when Big W had them. They last well, and can be folded up in the mouth - and are good for tuffy, my BCs report - and still survive! The dogs and I also love the nylon ones - Flippy Flopper and Soft Bite - that Clean Run have - worth getting some when they're on free shipping.

Tassie - is there much difference between the Flippy Flopper and Soft bite? I'm looking at both online, they look similar but fairly big price difference.

I contacted Roaewood in the UK who are the supplier of cyber dog products ( thank goodness for google!). There is not a distributor of cyber dog in Australia currently. The only way to buy them is through eBay through a UK seller. I have managed to buy 3 discs with postage for $41. A lot cheaper than I thought! The seller is "code1one" or search on eBay "cyber dog flying saucer". I will update you when they arrived to see if they are what I'm expecting. Paws crossed!

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I'm keen to try them as well.

Tassie - is there much difference between the Flippy Flopper and Soft bite? I'm looking at both online, they look similar but fairly big price difference.

According to the dogs - no difference :laugh: . I think I only got the softbite tis last time because that was on Clean Run's free toy shipping :rofl: .

(Great photo, sheena :D )