Just Wondering - Rescue Group I Haven't Heard Of Before

Wonder if he has special methods of training greyhounds to sit as well! :p

every dog has its own temperament, or what most call personality, in rehabilitating any dog first I need to understand what is causing the dog to act in the way it does, I don't look to fix the problem first but rather understand it first. greyhounds have proven to be very challenging, been an independent breed and extremely sensitive to corections.patience and the right stimulations are a mojor key in dealing with independent breeds, has a kid I had to Borzoi, which happen to be one of my fav breed of dogs

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No offence CBE but this is the rescue section. And you're rescuing dogs now so it pays to be patient with questions because you're going to get them anyway.

You don't have to listen to me of course, it's just a good chance to introduce yourself. :) Don't waste it.

Any one with questions please call me on 0405454551 and if you call on a privete number leave a msg please otherwise i won't be ably to call back, i won't post any more on here, and i will not answer any more questions on this topic on here, pick up the phone and be a real person, don't be scared I don't bite but One thing i will say is, yes MADdog was right I did call to ask about taking her small dog on, she had it on gumtree in the free to a good home section. I could just be me but what is unsafe is giving up your loved dog for free on gumtree, with me they live a good life.

No offence CBE but this is the rescue section. And you're rescuing dogs now so it pays to be patient with questions because you're going to get them anyway.

You don't have to listen to me of course, it's just a good chance to introduce yourself. :) Don't waste it.

Please just call let anyone with worries call me so I can invite them to my center to see how its done, im not rescuing like others every dog i rescue stays here fro at least 3 months before its allowed to go and only if the family and dog are right for eachother, since 2010 when i opend i have rescued 3 dogs from the pound, i dont care how many i can rescue , but the one I do will have the best life. 0405454551

The use of the word "expert" without any mention of formal training got my attention so I had more of a look through the website..

but i needed a little time, so we agreed that the pair would come back and stay at CBE dog Psychology Center for 5days.
and are happy calm submissive dogs anjoying life. Now to train the owners

Oh, how I miss the Mister Rolley Eyes emote.

Basically, a Cesar Millan wannabe. Choke it, pinch it, kick it into being "calm submissive" (i.e. terrified and shut down) and call the problem solved. Just what rescue needs.

Hi Hardy's Angel you have any questions im happy to answer them. One thing don't call me Cesar you don't know me, im nothing like him and i will never be.

You use lots of wording that is lifted directly from Cesar Millan's material. The relevant wording is bolded.

Talking about making dogs "submissive" is subscribing to the dominance theory- a theory which has been soundly disproven.

The use of the word "expert" without any mention of formal training got my attention so I had more of a look through the website..

but i needed a little time, so we agreed that the pair would come back and stay at CBE dog Psychology Center for 5days.

Basically, a Cesar Millan wannabe. Choke it, pinch it, kick it into being "calm submissive" (i.e. terrified and shut down) and call the problem solved. Just what rescue needs.

Hi Hardy's Angel you have any questions im happy to answer them. One thing don't call me Cesar you don't know me, im nothing like him and i will never be.

You use lots of wording that is lifted directly from Cesar Millan's material. The relevant wording is bolded.

Talking about making dogs "submissive" is subscribing to the dominance theory- a theory which has been soundly disproven.

ok my apologies, I'll use a different term "to give up" now say the dog is scared of vacuum cleaners I work with the dog in different ways moving at the dogs speed till it archives what its called calm submission, or till she archives a calm non scared state of mind around the vacuum cleaner. The term submission should not be used for the opposite of dominance, intact if you have a look at my post I hardly use the word dominance. And I have posted on my word press my thoughts on dominance.

Edited by CBE

Ah yes HA the greyhound "story" was interesting wasn't it? Yet another who claims they can make "any" greyhound cat safe *sigh*.

yes I did help Monica and her greyhound with the cat problem that till this day are still happy together, I never stated, nor do I claim anywhere that i can make anygreyhound cat safe, that came out of your lips not mine. I just can't believe im actually here having to explain myself like this for things, that you assumed.

CBE I don't pretend to have the knowledge of some very experienced greyhound people not only on this forum but people I know IRL but your story about Monica and her cat to me gave the false impression that a high prey greyhound can become cat safe. Sorry but even the photo of the happy couple still did not convince me. Neither of my greys are remotely cat safe, Maddie in particular and I would never send either of them to your "facility" for 5 days. If I was Monica I would've got a greyhound from a REPUTABLE greyhound rescue group that had been at least in foster care with a cat.

Ah yes HA the greyhound "story" was interesting wasn't it? Yet another who claims they can make "any" greyhound cat safe *sigh*.

yes I did help Monica and her greyhound with the cat problem that till this day are still happy together, I never stated, nor do I claim anywhere that i can make anygreyhound cat safe, that came out of your lips not mine. I just can't believe im actually here having to explain myself like this for things, that you assumed.

CBE I don't pretend to have the knowledge of some very experienced greyhound people not only on this forum but people I know IRL but your story about Monica and her cat to me gave the false impression that a high prey greyhound can become cat safe. Sorry but even the photo of the happy couple still did not convince me. Neither of my greys are remotely cat safe, Maddie in particular and I would never send either of them to your "facility" for 5 days. If I was Monica I would've got a greyhound from a REPUTABLE greyhound rescue group that had been at least in foster care with a cat.

she did get her greyhound from a rescue which I couldn't tell you, everybody is entitled to believe or not, but they shouldn't criticize the possibility of a complete rehab, not every dog will be the same each dog will cope with the chances has its genetically wired, and not every dog can be rehabilitated the same way or in the same amount of time.

I had a look at your article on dominance (http://caninebehaviourexpert.wordpress.com/) and am still not sure what your take on it is, especially in combination with the description of the dog with dominance agression further down. But I can completely see where Hardy's Angel is coming from, there are a lot of phrases in there that I've never seen outside of a Cesar Millan show.

Edited by TheLBD

Any one with questions please call me on 0405454551 and if you call on a privete number leave a msg please otherwise i won't be ably to call back, i won't post any more on here, and i will not answer any more questions on this topic on here, pick up the phone and be a real person, don't be scared I don't bite but One thing i will say is, yes MADdog was right I did call to ask about taking her small dog on, she had it on gumtree in the free to a good home section. I could just be me but what is unsafe is giving up your loved dog for free on gumtree, with me they live a good life.

You have the wrong person. I am a professional rescuer and don't advertise on Gumtree. No need to be rude I'm not "MAD" at all. The dog you wanted was very delicate, perhaps you applied for more after i turned you down. No matter how well trained your dogs are, it is wrong to put a small dog into that situation - perhaps they may not harm the small dog but they are likely to terrify it. I have a tonne of dog experience and common sense, I don't purport to do what you advertise but I will trust my instincts and experience 100% on this matter.

Edited by dogmad

I had a look at your article on dominance (http://caninebehaviourexpert.wordpress.com/) and am still not sure what your take on it is, especially in combination with the description of the dog with dominance agression further down. But I can completely see where Hardy's Angel is coming from, there are a lot of phrases in there that I've never seen outside of a Cesar Millan show.

ok guys I'm just like him if you say so. I'm done here you guys just keep going in circles, when you ask people about how they do things leave room in the mind for acceptance and not everything is the way you might think they are. Its was lovely talking to you all, off to bed I get up at 5 to run my dogs.... Let me guess Cesar does that in his shows too

Righto then. I've seen people get torn apart on DOL for what I suspect is just their lack of skill with written English and hate to see it, but I really have no feel for what the case is here. I can't find an angle where you would not see how talking about rules, boundaries limitations, calm submission etc. could not bring CM to people's minds? They're practically his trademark phrases. It has nothing to do with who you are or how you train but everything to do with how you are presenting your business to the public on social media. So if you weren't aware of it before, the feedback has now been given here.

And defending HA is not the same as attacking you.

Edited by TheLBD

How do you "rehabilitate" a dog's prey drive? :confused:

CBE:

Hi there i would like to ask you why I need a good solicitor? and Am I been accused of here?

Nothing more than making cast iron guarantees of rehabilitating dogs' behaviour when in my opinion, hard wired behaviour may be impossible to change permanently.

And all it takes is one dog to relapse and a litigous owner and you'll be needing a good solicitor to defend those guarantees.

Maybe CBE could answer this question - and it is genuine - about aggressive dog behaviour.

I was told by someone that if dogs are aggressive, you can teach them to redirect. This was during a discussion on Pound Rounds getting aggressive dogs out of the pound and rehoming them, after "retraining" them - not that this necessarily happens, but presuming it did.

I asked them the following questions - so if a dog was dog aggressive and you have retrained it to redirect and it was attacking another dog, are you 100% certain that you can instruct the dog at this point to "redirect" the aggression and if so, onto what? Your arm? An object? If you can redirect it, is there a danger that it could go back to the original target.

Or, if you have trained the dog to redirect does this mean it won't attack another dog?

How do you "rehabilitate" a dog's prey drive? :confused:

Exactly. Prey drive is not a fault or a problem to be fixed. In certain breeds of dog, prey drive is selected for, it is a natural trait and I'm always wary of any person who claim they can "treat" prey drive.

You people are just evil topical DOL bloggers. Unbelievable times like these I'm ashamed to call my self human, why these attacks?

Why expect people to explain their concerns when you've come in and done what you've just complained about :shrug:

Nobody here said this person was evil so in my opinion, what you've said is far worse than what anyone here has said. That aside, I'd suggest you go back and read the thread more carefully. The people who have expressed concerns are people who are experienced rescuers, fosters carers or breeders- most have a sound understanding of aggression and the implications of rehoming aggressive dogs (regardless of whether or not those dogs have been "rehabilitated".

No rescue group- especially not ones who rehome potentially dangerous dogs- should be above scrutiny.