Just Wondering - Rescue Group I Haven't Heard Of Before

Just noticed this group rescuing from Renbury and I can't find anything about them on Google, FB or PetRescue.

Is it a new group? Or a new name for an existing rescuer? Renbury's pretty good at sorting ethical from others :)

No controversy, I'm just always keen on reading about rescue groups so I can recommend them to punters if they're looking for a dog.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

C.B.E and Rescue or Canine Behaviour Expert and Rescue is the first of its kind in Australia and a NO KILL Rescue Rehab Centre.

They have a website - http://www.caninebehaviourexpert.com/ & http://www.cbeandrescue.org/

and FB: https://www.facebook.com/JBLs.CBE

And Pet Rescue: http://www.petrescue.com.au/groups/10613

Edited by minimax

The use of the word "expert" without any mention of formal training got my attention so I had more of a look through the website..

but i needed a little time, so we agreed that the pair would come back and stay at CBE dog Psychology Center for 5days.
and are happy calm submissive dogs anjoying life. Now to train the owners

Oh, how I miss the Mister Rolley Eyes emote.

Basically, a Cesar Millan wannabe. Choke it, pinch it, kick it into being "calm submissive" (i.e. terrified and shut down) and call the problem solved. Just what rescue needs.

The use of the word "expert" without any mention of formal training got my attention so I had more of a look through the website..

but i needed a little time, so we agreed that the pair would come back and stay at CBE dog Psychology Center for 5days.

Basically, a Cesar Millan wannabe. Choke it, pinch it, kick it into being "calm submissive" (i.e. terrified and shut down) and call the problem solved. Just what rescue needs.

I was concerned that they are claiming to be a no kill shelter, rehabilitating and rehoming "problem" dogs. What if they can't rehabilitate a dog, what if it's too aggressive or not suitable for rehoming, do they rehome it anyway as they are "no kill"?

I was also concerned about his lack of qualifications or experience listed. Plus he does boarding or day care and the dogs run with his pack. He has dogs listed on Pet Rescue and doesn't list what their issues were before he "rehabilitated" them, so I wonder if he is fully disclosing (what he knows of their behaviors) to new potential owners?

Ah yes HA the greyhound "story" was interesting wasn't it? Yet another who claims they can make "any" greyhound cat safe *sigh*.

I couldn't read the stories on the websites. The murder of English was hurting my head. That doesn't mean anything about his dog training skills of course, but perhaps his professionalism.

ETA does anyone know the bloke? He says on the PetRescue blurb that he's worked at 'various Canine shelters'.

ETA further I won't put this on my list of recommended rescue groups - I've just read the description of the dogs on PetRescue about rules limitations and boundaries and could hear Cesar's accent coming through...

Edited by Katdogs

I looked at the site and tried to find any mention of what he has done to gain a status of professional, or even trainer. I couldn't find anything. No mention of what he has done with his dogs, or instructing, or taking any sort of class or working anywhere with dogs.

Interesting. On LinkedIn it appears the owner has a Bachelor's degree, Animal Behavior and Ethology

from UNE. Maybe there's more to it that I thought.

Which is odd, why wouldn't he list his qualification on his website/fb to make himself appear more credible?

Interesting. On LinkedIn it appears the owner has a Bachelor's degree, Animal Behavior and Ethology

from UNE. Maybe there's more to it that I thought.

Having a quick look at UNE's course catalogue, there is not a degree in this, and B. Animal Science has one unit on animal behaviour (and one on "working canines") - http://www.une.edu.au/courses/2013/courses/BANSC/majors/canine-and-equine-science.html

Edited by TheLBD

I couldn't read the stories on the websites. The murder of English was hurting my head. That doesn't mean anything about his dog training skills of course, but perhaps his professionalism.

ETA does anyone know the bloke? He says on the PetRescue blurb that he's worked at 'various Canine shelters'.

ETA further I won't put this on my list of recommended rescue groups - I've just read the description of the dogs on PetRescue about rules limitations and boundaries and could hear Cesar's accent coming through...

Apply Cesar's voice to the website and it flows very nicely.

Just the thought of someone "rehabilitating" dangerous dogs in the CM fashion and then offloading them into unsuspecting homes makes me cringe.

Ah yes HA the greyhound "story" was interesting wasn't it? Yet another who claims they can make "any" greyhound cat safe *sigh*.

I should invite him down here to make Sally cat safe. He'll need to bring a fair few cats with him though as I have a feeling Sally would "learn" slowly >.>

Has anyone else noticed where he's located?

T.

Finding an address for him seems next to impossible but I did notice that he's "sponsored" by the Box Hill vet. Not being familiar with NSW, this could be next to the pope's house for all I know :p

Has anyone else noticed where he's located?

T.

Finding an address for him seems next to impossible but I did notice that he's "sponsored" by the Box Hill vet. Not being familiar with NSW, this could be next to the pope's house for all I know :p

This link

states ".....my dog Psychology Center in Rouse Hill NSW"

Google is my friend - I have a name, 2 phone numbers (which are not answering) and an address.

Am happy to post but not sure if it is against the privacy laws.

Pretty sure they are all on the websites anyway, so It's public info.