Puppy Swollen Lumps Under Jaw

Hi all, I'm buying a puppy and due to pick him up soon, the breeder ran me and has sent pics and copy of vet invoice, vet has given puppy a shot of anti inflammatory and a five day course of antibiotics, but apparently is not sure what is wrong, no other health concerns just maybe lymph nods swollen. I'm waiting till breeder returns to vet on Monday to get new update. Breeder recently put puppy on solid food. What do u guys think I should do?

wait and see how the pup recovers and what the vets have to say on Monday. These things happen.

Do u know what NAD means? Oh I just found out it is No Abnormal Defects

Edited by Crowley

Do u know what NAD means?

No Abnormalities Detected

I would suggest between now & pup-pick-up date that you read and read all sorts of dog stuff :) Vet terminolgy/anatomy/basic behaviour all sorts, so that when someone talks to you - you can answer them confidently , and so you can better understand how your dog works! :)

Do u know what NAD means?

No Abnormalities Detected

I would suggest between now & pup-pick-up date that you read and read all sorts of dog stuff :) Vet terminolgy/anatomy/basic behaviour all sorts, so that when someone talks to you - you can answer them confidently , and so you can better understand how your dog works! :)

Thanks for the info, FYI I admit I don't no everything but I have trained dogs in the past that followed hand signal commands and have donated a dog to the hearing impaired that I trained, so I can train a dog etc but I'm not up on all the vet lingo

Just a update, thee breeder has been great, she took the puppy to a second vet the other day for a second opinion, but unfortunately both vets mis diagnosed the condition and the puppy had to be rushed back to the vets today, result is that he has puppy strangles and I'm not prepared to buy him now as the condition was not treated quick enough IMO to help prevent future health issues. But the good news is the breeder does not want to sell the puppy for the same reasons, so I'm going to the breeder tomorrow to inspect the other male puppies again and possibly pick one to take home. I have to say the breeder has been absolutely fantastic throughout the whole process.

Hmmm...

I may be a bit cautious, but would be suggesting avoiding this litter of puppies , perhaps?

being an auto immune disease ..there could be also other pups with problems ... something you don't want surprising you after getting a pup home and falling in love with it.

I wish this little one a quick and uneventful recovery , and a good home at the end of it :)

Hmmm...

I may be a bit cautious, but would be suggesting avoiding this litter of puppies , perhaps?

being an auto immune disease ..there could be also other pups with problems ... something you don't want surprising you after getting a pup home and falling in love with it.

I wish this little one a quick and uneventful recovery , and a good home at the end of it :)

Thanks for the advice, I have just returned home with one of the other male puppies and then read your post. Good news is all other puppies have no signs of health problems and its been a week since they had their vaccinations, so fingers crossed all will be good. I will post a pic of the puppy I purchased

post-48587-0-04759400-1364000182_thumb.jpg. This is Hank our Douge De Bourdeaux , he is 8 weeks old today. He went straight to his drinking fountain when we put him down on the floor, and has eaten his 1st meal without hesitation, he is currently sleeping after his meal.

post-48587-0-04759400-1364000182_thumb.jpg. This is Hank our Douge De Bourdeaux , he is 8 weeks old today. He went straight to his drinking fountain when we put him down on the floor, and has eaten his 1st meal without hesitation, he is currently sleeping after his meal.

Awww he is very cute !

Congratulations !

All the best with Hank :)

Sad it didn't work out with the other puppy tho,frown.gif Hope it recovers ok .

Edited by Jules❤3Cavs

Awww he is very cute !

Congratulations !

All the best with Hank :)

Sad it didn't work out with the other puppy tho,frown.gif Hope it recovers ok .

Thank you, I saw Crowley today, he is just starting to show signs of improvement now that the vet has him on steroids. I feel sooo sorry for him, think it will take a while for my family to get over Crowley being sick. Good news is that Hank has settled in extremely quickly,