Show Convenors

biker girl

The order is run on the age of the dog :)

Sorry I should have clarified..........when entering, for instance aust bred dog...........can I request that my dog could be placed either at the front or right at the end???

Not always from my experience :) Although it does often seem to be the youngest first which is silly particularly in baby puppy :laugh: Some shows do it by owners surname and others seem random. No idea if you can request where to be though.

Sorry I should have clarified..........when entering, for instance aust bred dog...........can I request that my dog could be placed either at the front or right at the end???

no, not really.

Here it seems to go alphabetically on the owner's surname.

That appears to be the case in NSW.

In Vic its random.

biker girl if your dog has an issue you can always swap on the day with the other exhibitors

You may want to check with the Steward and/or Judge before you try this.

Here it seems to go alphabetically on the owner's surname.

That appears to be the case in NSW.

In Vic its random.

biker girl if your dog has an issue you can always swap on the day with the other exhibitors

You may want to check with the Steward and/or Judge before you try this.

Thanks guys thumbsup1.gif

It was a question that was thought of the other night while discussing ring craft with some newbies.

Overseas books etc will mention it because they use a different system and dogs are not always shown in catalogue order. They are therefore free to 'jostle for position' at a lot of shows and can use that as part of their strategy.

Here though dogs are generally shown in catalogue order and changing position is not a 'done thing' as a rule.

Though in the past I have heard (rumours) of people changing their names so that they are beginning with A and routinely get front of the line. True or old wives tales I don't know :laugh:

You can't ask to go first or last in challenge and you can't choose to change places in Group or General Specials so my view would be accept your place in the judging order and train your dog to handle dogs before and after it.

This happens to me a bit in Whippets. After BP and unless you enter Open, you're in the middle. For Group classes we are always last breed in. For General Specials we are right in the middle. So you have to get your dog used to being last (and sorting out your handling so you can be set up quickly) but also having dogs of varying breeds stacked in front and behind you.

Edited by Haredown Whippets

Overseas books etc will mention it because they use a different system and dogs are not always shown in catalogue order. They are therefore free to 'jostle for position' at a lot of shows and can use that as part of their strategy.

Here though dogs are generally shown in catalogue order and changing position is not a 'done thing' as a rule.

Though in the past I have heard (rumours) of people changing their names so that they are beginning with A and routinely get front of the line. True or old wives tales I don't know :laugh:

Not so much an old wives tale. I do know someone who did this after her divorce. Happily admitting that having an A name would put her at the front of the line up :laugh:

Most of the shows we've been in have been in alphabetical order of prefixes. We are often first because the prefix starts with 'e', & I so don't want to be first because we are still learning!!! There have been times when others have gone ahead of me (we both agreed to that) and we've just let the stewards know that's what we wanted and why. I'm now getting brave enough that I cope much better going in first!!!