Country Pound Pups - 15 Of Them! 18 Now

You all done a great job with these cute pups, remarkable people all of you. I believe a pretty name will give pups a good start in life, and reflect on the people who loved them enough to save them. Well chosen names can make an animal desirable. Don't like ocker names, they will degrade any pup. :)

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do like most names but am a tad fussy with the shelter kids names. Bruiser and Killer type names are a big NO. We had a dog named "Moët" and I could not believe how many people asked about "Mo-ette"

I believe names are important as I feel they may reflect the dogs personality for prospective owners. Just my tuppence worth.

Xx LP xx

If Moët is named after the champagne then apparently it is pronounced "Mo’wett". The original Moët was a Frenchman with a Dutch surname.

http://lucire.com/2002/0530ll0.shtml

One of the little BT pups from Wagga pound is back on the PTS list for tomorrow morning.

His adoption must have fallen through :-((

Or he's turned out to be deaf... it's a possibility... we still aren't sure about Mojo's hearing...

T.

Yay! Little gifts has come up with names that lillypilly likes!

Nyx for the red collared girl, and Gaia in the pink... *grin*

T.

WOOT! WOOT! I do love those two names even though most people wont know how to pronounce Gaia! Go little Goddesses!

Yay! Little gifts has come up with names that lillypilly likes!

Nyx for the red collared girl, and Gaia in the pink... *grin*

T.

WOOT! WOOT! I do love those two names even though most people wont know how to pronounce Gaia! Go little Goddesses!

I'd never heard of both names before ... but they're neat & suit the pups.

By coincidence, I saw a European movie actor's name in the newspaper today ... Alba Gaia Bellugi.

I have a list of names for both boys and girls that I liked when trawling through baby name sites a while ago... Nyx was on it... but I do like Gaia too...

I think they are from mythology somewhere.

T.

I have a list of names for both boys and girls that I liked when trawling through baby name sites a while ago... Nyx was on it... but I do like Gaia too...

I think they are from mythology somewhere.

T.

I knew I saw the name 'Gaia' somwhere - it was in the supermarket and the brand name for baby products. I do wonder how many people think we like Gaia baby stuff lol

xx LP xx

I knew I saw the name 'Gaia' somwhere - it was in the supermarket and the brand name for baby products. I do wonder how many people think we like Gaia baby stuff lol

xx LP xx

Or you're a fan of the movie actor Alba Gaia Bellugi. She's the girl, not the dog in this case.

http://cine.ados.fr/films/je-m-appelle-elisabeth/photos/51511-alba-gaia-kraghede-bellugi.html

They are super cuties. biggrin.gif

The names I was going to suggest were Seren (meaning Star or short for Serendipity) and Kismet. Maybe you can put them in your name list for down the track, Tdierikx?

They are super cuties. biggrin.gif

The names I was going to suggest were Seren (meaning Star or short for Serendipity) and Kismet. Maybe you can put them in your name list for down the track, Tdierikx?

Nice!! I think we'll have to give those names to 2 of the boxer cross pups - we have 4 girls and 1 boy...

T.

We have a sibling to the three white b/t pups T has in her care.

Poor little man was on his own at Wagga Pound and will arrive to us on the next available trip to Sydney.

This little boy pup will need a name too.

xx LP xx

edited for clarity

Edited by lillypilly

I do like most names but am a tad fussy with the shelter kids names. Bruiser and Killer type names are a big NO. We had a dog named "Moët" and I could not believe how many people asked about "Mo-ette"

I believe names are important as I feel they may reflect the dogs personality for prospective owners. Just my tuppence worth.

Xx LP xx

If Moët is named after the champagne then apparently it is pronounced "Mo’wett". The original Moët was a Frenchman with a Dutch surname.

http://lucire.com/2002/0530ll0.shtml

Yes, I was told that if you say Moët & Chandon then the T is silent, but if you just say Moet, then the T is spoken. Yummy either way! When I'm rich I will be drinking it every day for breakfast :laugh:

And those white pups... :love: ... wish I wasn't so far away...