Any Ragdoll Rescues?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of curiosity did the previous owner give any reason for surrendering her or was it simply that they weren't willing to pay for desexing?

LOL, my cat is lying next to me and is obviously already dreaming about the new housemate as she is 'growling(howling)' in her sleep :laugh:

She was given as a birthday present and they tried to keep her but didn't really want her. She was never named before the vet got her and she was christened 'Raggie' when she arrived because we're super original :laugh: .

I have a name. I couldn't settle on a gemstone name(and realised that my mum's recently deceased pet guine pig was called Pearl so can't go there). Went hunting and I think I've settled on the name Ciara. In it's original form it means 'black' but it's also traced back through the name Chiara which means 'light'. So light and black which pretty much describes her. I have no idea why that name popped in to my head, I've never known anyone with it but I decided to look it up and the meaning just fit, seems meant to be!

I have a name. I couldn't settle on a gemstone name(and realised that my mum's recently deceased pet guine pig was called Pearl so can't go there). Went hunting and I think I've settled on the name Ciara. In it's original form it means 'black' but it's also traced back through the name Chiara which means 'light'. So light and black which pretty much describes her. I have no idea why that name popped in to my head, I've never known anyone with it but I decided to look it up and the meaning just fit, seems meant to be!

Love it! :thumbsup:

She's very scared so like Amber will just take time and love to bring her out of her shell. She'll get there eventually and I'm very patient ;)

Just ordered her a nice tag with her name on it to match Amber's one and I'll get her a collar on Friday when i'm in town. Might also pull out the spare litter tray and set it up. Any thoughts on whether it is OK to set up the second litter tray near the other one? Amber's tray is next to the loo in my ensuite as we don't have an indoor laundry and I thought I could maybe just put the second one on the other side of the loo. Amber's one huge(it's a repurposed storage crate as the high sides mean she doesn't kick litter everywhere) but I don't want to upset the apple cart by only having one tray, atleast until they girls decide for themselves whether they are happy to share.

Edited by kelpiecuddles

She's very scared so like Amber will just take time and love to bring her out of her shell. She'll get there eventually and I'm very patient ;)

Just ordered her a nice tag with her name on it to match Amber's one and I'll get her a collar on Friday when i'm in town. Might also pull out the spare litter tray and set it up. Any thoughts on whether it is OK to set up the second litter tray near the other one? Amber's tray is next to the loo in my ensuite as we don't have an indoor laundry and I thought I could maybe just put the second one on the other side of the loo. Amber's one huge(it's a repurposed storage crate as the high sides mean she doesn't kick litter everywhere) but I don't want to upset the apple cart by only having one tray, atleast until they girls decide for themselves whether they are happy to share.

I generally have a storage box as my litter tray too but the cats still seem to get litter on the outside of it. My solution was to put this litter box in the bath tub [plug in the hole to prevent any litter going down the drain] and then all I had to do was use a dustpan and brush to sweep up any spilt litter once a day. If you don't have a bath, use the shower base, it's just as good. They'll probably end up sharing both litter trays anyway so having the second one close by shouldn't be a problem IMO.