Sheep Herding In Queensland

Although I have posted to Dog sports I am taking the liberty of posting here as well.

We are on the Great South East tonight, Ch. 7 @ 5.30 pm, to be followed by the same programme on Ch. 72 on Saturday 15th which should be broadcast Australia wide. We are hoping it will also appear on yahoo7. :)

Lovely story. But I am a bit disappointed to not see those little black/n/whites giving the sheep a run (shelties). I am only 40 minutes away so will be in touch and come down with my border X. She works my goats by herself and occasionally helps me with teh cows but she and I would love to actually know what to do.

Thanks, Rosetta, we are pretty proud of our facility. Generally speaking, on properties in the outback, pups can be introduced to sheep at an earlier age, but we wait until the pup has had it's last vaccination, as you can appreciate, which Sade had before she first came out. At that age we let the pups do their thing whilst protecting them from the sheep. Once the pup is older then they are taught various "commands". Sade has the natural instinct to work and had us all in fits of laughter when she first came out at exactly 3 months old as she showed so much ability. As you no doubt know Lappies were originally bred to work reindeer.