I Need A Treat Pouch

I use an ordinary bum bag with at least two pockets.

I bought a black dog? treat bag with one of those snap shut clip thingies - but found it really hard to use unless I left it open, and that had problems with theft by dog...

I put a zip lock bag with the high value (usually a bit soft and gooey) treats in the front smaller pouch and another zip lock bag with dry in the bigger pouch at the back, and then I usually transfer this bag to one of my pockets.

I am experimenting with getting / using a multipocket sleeveless jacket like fishos use, but the first one I got - had Velcro not zips on the pockets and no way to stop the treats falling out or being stolen and the other pockets were too small to be useful in any way I could think of. Too short for pens, and too small for fish hooks (you'd get stabbed trying to get them out).

I got a second one, and it's been on the clothesline for a month after I washed it - because it still smells like mothballs and acetone and kero combined. Yuck.

the best treat dispensing jacket I had - had square pockets over hand shaped pockets - so the treats were in the outer pockets and the hands were warm in the inner pockets and it also had a bunch of other pockets inside the jacket you could put your phone and keys separately and without stabbing yourself when you bent down to feed the dog. But that jacket is dead now.

I've also been known to stuff bits of roo ribbon down my sock to produce at the end of a chain of tasks, and also to use an open or closed box of treats. depends a bit what you're training.

I've tried a few and used my pockets for ages, with and without sandwich bags depending on what I was using. I don't always have pockets though.

I bought one of the Rapid Rewards treat pouches - it's brilliant! I have big hands so I find most treat pouches fiddly and awkward, but love this one. Magnetic clip is good, and there is room for poo bags, clicker, keys and phone etc if you use it going for a walk.

Guest Clover

I am currently using one of the doog walking belts but it is not practical for getting treats out quickly. But also use one of the small outward hound pouches, which is much easier to get into.

Another vote here for the Rapid Rewards Training Pouch. OH and I both use ours on walks now too, as Jess said you can fit a lot of other things as well as treats in there. I usually have 2 types of treats, poo bags, phone and keys.

I like the magnetic closure on it, its not very difficult for me to open but I haven't had any theft issues yet.

The rescue I work with also sell them as a fundraiser.

I use an ordinary bum bag with at least two pockets.

I bought a black dog? treat bag with one of those snap shut clip thingies - but found it really hard to use unless I left it open, and that had problems with theft by dog...

I put a zip lock bag with the high value (usually a bit soft and gooey) treats in the front smaller pouch and another zip lock bag with dry in the bigger pouch at the back, and then I usually transfer this bag to one of my pockets.

I am experimenting with getting / using a multipocket sleeveless jacket like fishos use, but the first one I got - had Velcro not zips on the pockets and no way to stop the treats falling out or being stolen and the other pockets were too small to be useful in any way I could think of. Too short for pens, and too small for fish hooks (you'd get stabbed trying to get them out).

I got a second one, and it's been on the clothesline for a month after I washed it - because it still smells like mothballs and acetone and kero combined. Yuck.

the best treat dispensing jacket I had - had square pockets over hand shaped pockets - so the treats were in the outer pockets and the hands were warm in the inner pockets and it also had a bunch of other pockets inside the jacket you could put your phone and keys separately and without stabbing yourself when you bent down to feed the dog. But that jacket is dead now.

I've also been known to stuff bits of roo ribbon down my sock to produce at the end of a chain of tasks, and also to use an open or closed box of treats. depends a bit what you're training.

Have a look at the scottevest jackets. They have magnets on the outside pockets. Zillions of inner pockets that are useful for a multitude of things. I have several.

If you sign up for their newsletter, they have pretty good sales several times a year - 30-40% off. Shipping from the US is exxy, but they have 1/2 price shipping every now and then, or if you know anyone travelling to the US you could get them to bring one back...

I got a doggone good rapid rewards on free shipping from Clean Run for about $18. Happy with it too :) Fits heaps of treats even for 2 dogs, poo bags, clicker, phone, money, and with pockets to spare. Plus treats don't go everywhere if I take off on a little sprint with the dogs.

http://www.cleanrun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=2606&ParentCat=54

Black Dog have made a new treat pouch too that's very much like the Doggone Rapid Rewards Pouch. I've owned the Black Dog older style treat pouch but found the metal clasps kept breaking and going stiff if not oiled frequently (something I do not have time to keep tabs on all the time). I'm in the process of ordering their new pouch as it also has a magnetic close so I will let you know how I find it soon.

The website is Black Dog and the pouch is listed in the 'new' section and is called a Treat Tote and Belt.

I ordered a treat pouch from Clean Run this week and shipping for that item was free- it meant a big saving. I don't know if it is always free but I checked out a few leashes etc and the shipping costs for those added a lot to the price so if you are thinking of buying a treat pouch from this supplier now might be a good time to do it

I ordered a treat pouch from Clean Run this week and shipping for that item was free- it meant a big saving. I don't know if it is always free but I checked out a few leashes etc and the shipping costs for those added a lot to the price so if you are thinking of buying a treat pouch from this supplier now might be a good time to do it

No they are not always on Free Shipping, they change their page every now & then :)

Gallomph

I like the concept but their website design makes me want to scream with frustration.

I really don't want magnets anywhere near my stuff unless I put them there, because magnets ruin batteries, some hard drives and most credit cards.

And I don't like pockets that sit over the nipple / breast. And I cannot figure out how they can get all the stuff they suggest into the pockets where they suggest without making a very lumpy outfit or one you cannot tie your shoelaces when wearing.

Ok back to normal transmission...

Gallomph

I like the concept but their website design makes me want to scream with frustration.

I really don't want magnets anywhere near my stuff unless I put them there, because magnets ruin batteries, some hard drives and most credit cards.

And I don't like pockets that sit over the nipple / breast. And I cannot figure out how they can get all the stuff they suggest into the pockets where they suggest without making a very lumpy outfit or one you cannot tie your shoelaces when wearing.

Ok back to normal transmission...

LOL! They've been getting all fancy with their website, it's a pain in the a***!

The magnets are only on the outside, handwarmer pockets - and you're not supposed to keep the credit cards & electronic items in those pockets - they have specially designed inside pockets for those things.

You really can get a heap of stuff in to the pockets without it being bulgy and lumpy, something about the design I guess ? anyway, it works.

If you lived near me I could lend you one of mine to try....