Vetalogica Canine Tranquil Formula

is this for your puppy?

Who diagnosed her with separation anxiety? Whoever diagnosed it may be able to help .

What else have you tried- or what management/training things were you told to practice?

She seems young to have to worry about that :(

You might get some help from reading these threads .... and I know some folk have used a product called B calm for stressy dogs ..but not sure about pups.

LINK

LINK

LINK

Thanks! He was diagnosed at 5 months by a vet and a behaviourist. He's 11 months now. He's on clomicalm but I don't feel it's doing anything. I have crate trained him, just started trialling a thundershirt, and am really just looking for anything else that might help with the training! Will have a read of those links????

Wowzers! On medication at 11 months, diagnosed by a Vet at 5 months - I've never heard of such thing.

Can I ask if you have completed a separation training program? We have one we use with all our foster dogs and it works fine if the human can be consistent with the program.

http://www.greatdanerescue.com.au/Docs/separation_anxiety_seperation_training.pdf

No supplement is going to help you enough if you have resorted to medication and you don't believe the medication is working and you've allowed the nominated time necc. for the medication to work.

If a separation training program does not work then I recommend you contact a Vet Behaviourist - so that's not just a Vet and not just a Behaviourist....a person qualified in both arena's.

We have tried it & noticed no change in behavioural issues with my girl. I do have her on meds now but she didn't go on them till in late teens. I am shocked that a 'professional' would even suggest meds at such an early age really.

I would be seeking help from a behaviourist with experience in this specific area of sep. anxiety asap. Another opinion can't hurt & it may well shed some much

needed insight into your boy's behaviour's. In turn you will be able to help him by learning skills/training etc.

I am by no means an expert, just going by what I have experienced raising a dog with serious anxiety issues.

Edited by BC Crazy