K9 Pro In Qld, Wa And Vic!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can I ask what kind of venue the Brisabane workshop is set in? And how many other dogs would be in a session. Contemplating whether Luka would cope with the new environment.

Hi Teekay

The venue we've hired out is at a school that has a big under cover area.

I haven't actually been there before myself so I can't be certain how big it is, but I do know it is fairly open.

There are only a limited number of handler spots available each day so there would be no more than say a dozen or so dogs there, but we do ask that all dogs are crated or at the very least, leashed and dogs won't be interacting with each other. Steve works one dog at a time, so it won't be a situation where there are lots of dogs on top of each other.

Can I ask what kind of venue the Brisabane workshop is set in? And how many other dogs would be in a session. Contemplating whether Luka would cope with the new environment.

Hi Teekay

The venue we've hired out is at a school that has a big under cover area.

I haven't actually been there before myself so I can't be certain how big it is, but I do know it is fairly open.

There are only a limited number of handler spots available each day so there would be no more than say a dozen or so dogs there, but we do ask that all dogs are crated or at the very least, leashed and dogs won't be interacting with each other. Steve works one dog at a time, so it won't be a situation where there are lots of dogs on top of each other.

Also how long are the sessions? Can't decide whether to book in for the Sunday or go for a one on one. Luka is a pretty focussed dog, doing well in his obedience training, but he still has stranger issues and slight reactivity around other dogs but this is much better than it was. What would you suggest would be the best for us?

Teekay I had a private consult with K9Pro when he came and gave an Adelaide workshop and can highly recommend him so if it was me I'd be going the private consult path. Kenz is/was nervous of strangers and he was certainly valuable in helping me overcome her problems. Huski will probably come along and give her recommendations but I find private consults better for solving issues then I do a workshop which is much more about getting more basic/general advice rather than specific behavioral advice.

Edited by ness

I agree with Ness :) if you have behaviorial problems especially as a private is one on one dedicated time to helping you and your dog. The workshops are awesome fun and cover more topics as it goes for longer but it is more generalized. While Steve does work with every dog at the workshop it's not the same as a dedicated one on one consult

Hope that helps :)

Aw. Same month as Susan Garret visits Oz - and she only comes every few years. Decisions.

Really?! Bet she isn't coming to Perth! frown.gif

No, Qld only.

Sounds odd to come all this way and only do QLD confused.gif

She did the same last time she was out here. Cost me a bloody fortune :o Just too expensive when you add in flights, accommodation, annual leave etc, especially with the odd format with a break in between. I can't justify it, not when I could do at least three or four online courses in my own time for the same money and not sink two weeks of A/L to do it.

Edited by Jess.

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys, I've had some PMs and emails asking more about the content of the workshops and training in drive. For anyone unfamiliar with Steve's methods, it might interest you to read his article from last week about how he trains competitive obedience;

http://blog.k9pro.com.au/competitive-obedience-coaching-by-steve-courtney/

I believe we still have a couple of places left in QLD and some spectator spots left in Perth :)

I've just discovered there are still workshop tickets available in Perth, can someone tell me where they're being held because I just can't see it on the advert :confused:

ETA just found out they're in Marangaroo

Edited by Drumbeat