Where To Buy Decent Dog Food In Tassie

Faolmor

As the title says...

I'm having a lot of trouble sourcing decent dog food. I have tried Animal Tuckerbox and Pets Domain, but it's really hit and miss as to what's in stock at the time. I've had a litter of puppies here who were on the Royal Canin Starter and Mother, but I can't find anywhere that stocks it, and to order it in, I need to pay for 3 bags up-front (not possible for me!), and it will take 2 weeks to get here.

Do most people just end up internet ordering in bulk? Or is there some hidden dog food mecca down here somewhere where only the people who know about it can find it?? :p

This is why I mostly feed raw now. Too hard to source dry food regularly and I'm not a fan of Black Hawk which is about the only food which seems to be easy to find whenever it is needed.

For boxes of chicken frames I go to Robbo's Chicken in Glenorchy ($10 per box). Other than that, there is a new pet food butcher opened up nearby in New Norfolk and I get the rest of the food in there.

Do you have a Petbarn? The new one in Derwent Park seems to carry a good range of premium and super premium foods. Wouldn't a pet store stock it for you if you were going to buy it regularly? You would think so, but maybe it's too much to ask.

I'm surprised they've only just started stocking it. The Launceston ATB has a decent range of super premiums and has been selling things like Taste of the Wild, Royal Canin and Nutro for at least 12 months.