Budget Bed Idea For Bigger Dogs

kelpiecuddles

I wanted a rip stop type bed for my girls that was also waterproof so I could take the cover off and wash it and the insides wouldn't smell doggy and need constant washing... I found these on groupon: https://www.groupon.com.au/deals/special/Pet-Bean-Bag/717357626 They are 100cm X 70cm which is a good size for all but the gigantic dogs. They don't come with beans(which I wouldn't have wanted anyway) but for $2 from my local op shop i got old clean doonas which when folded up will fit nicely inside the covers and be very cosy. So for a grand total of $31 each I got them great beds :) (They only have brown left now though)

Edited by kelpiecuddles

That looked great - except for -grumble, mutter, grouch - the popup ad to join groupon. I couldn't find a close button or link to shut the stupid pop-up, so I read the product description in 5 second glimpses.

Course, by the time I actually finished reading it, it was sold out.icon_smile_mad.gif

I never claimed to be the brightest match in the box.laugh.gif

I get a lot of bed shredding dogs so I bought an XL Durobed cover (not the actual bed) and stuffed it with filling salvaged from other shredded beds. It cost $50ish, is easy enough to wash (just take out stuffing and put in machine) and six months in, is fairly intact.

I have one of them but it's not big enough for both dogs(they don't like to cuddle up) and too big for their sleeping area to put two of them... Plus they like to sink down into a nest bed :D

I watched them curl up on there tonight and informed the OH that I could fit four on there................he didn't say much! Mine drape over each other so no issues with not wanting to share here :)

I just got an inner spring cot matress - for free - bought a waterproof cover and a fitted cot sheet - perfect dog bed :)

That's what we have for Harry (greyhound) and Whitney (great dane) has a single bed! Although most of the time they are both on the single bed if we are all sitting out there. These are their outside (in the sunroom, 'cos they never have to sleep outside proper) beds, and inside we have beds I bought from Costco ages ago, and bought a sinlge bed mattress, got it cut in half and put them in the covers when they got too flat. It's just big enough for Whitney, but she sleeps all curled up anyway.