Flea Treatment - Adverse Reactions ?

Probably a long shot, but wondering whether any dog/cat owners here have experienced adverse reactions to flea treatment.

We lost our lovely NF cat today - and at a loss to know why. It was so quick. Vet thinks maybe a blood clot due to bruising over her body. She went very suddenly - abit off color yesterday but still eating. This morning very lethargic and unwell. Straight into vet by 8:30. She responded to IV fluids then suddenly crashed - and it was all over.

The only thing we can really think of that could be connected was that we had treated them all with Advocate on Monday. (We usually use Advantage - and never had a reaction).

Would be interested to hear if anyone has had reactions to treatments ..

The bruising ....

couple of wild guesses here ... some access to a mouse/rat poison resulting in internal bleeding ?

is thee any chance she was attacked/beaten up badly by cat/dog ..or could she have gotten stuck somewhere and had to work at getting out ?

perse .. no ... she was an indoor cat mostly. we only let her outside when we were with her - and even then she would hang around the house area.

the neighbour does put out fox baits - but it would be almost impossible for her to have picked up one - and I think they act pretty much instantly

So sorry to hear of your loss :(

Panto had severe gastro aftrr trying frontline for the first time. I am hesitant to try it on her again, as i cant pinpoint any other changes we made and considering there wasnt anything she could have got into.