Bushfire At Londonderry

Looking at the RFS site and the livetraffic site - they have closed The Northern Road in the area that Save Our Strays have their kennels... and there are 2 out of control fires bearing down on them...

Fingers crossed that the firies get the fires over there under control soon, and Tracey and everyone else there is safe.

Not sure how far the fires have to travel to end up near Hawkesbury Pound, but in these conditions - who knows? They are probably covered by the smoke from the Windsor/Londonderry(Castlereagh) fires right now in any case...

Thinking of everyone over that way right now and feeling bloody helpless that I can't get over there and at least help transporting dogs if needed... grr!

T.

Jill from JRT Rescue has posted on her Facebook an hour ago that they are safe at the moment.

As for Londonderry, it's going to be impossible to get in there - they've closed all the roads leading into there... feeling bloody helpless right now - I'm at least an hour's drive from there with no traffic, or I'd be on my way to see if I could help...

http://livetraffic.rta.nsw.gov.au/desktop.html

NSWAR are at Bringelly - and luckily the RFS got the fire at Greendale under control just a short time ago...

Come on and rain already!!!!

T.

Road closures around the area are being extended as I type...

The Northern Road between Londonderry Rd and Richmond Rd - and extends down Cranebrook Rd also

Richmond Rd from the M7 exit all the way up through Blacktown Rd all the way to Richmond

Not looking good for anyone trying getting in to help get animals out.

T.

Tracey from SOS has asked for assistance urgently if anyone can help. They need ppl to assist with transporting dogs and holding them temporarily.

If you can help pls phone Tracey on 0411222991

Also check SOS Facebook. They ask for people who have offers of crates and accommodation to post them. Good to see a long list of offers already.

https://www.facebook.com/sos.saveourstrays