Royal Adelaide Show

piper

I took my camera with me yesterday and had such a great time doing different types of photos. I really enjoyed playing with full manual controls and night photos. I tried things I had never tried before and was quite happy with the results.

This was the first photo I took for the day and I love it - it just looks and feels like the show.

9758017231_d5cab8ec96.jpg

This 1 was handheld, all manual settings and playing with the bulb function for my shutter.

9758591183_7ebfd58d5b.jpg

The rest of my photos from the day can be found here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8799389@N04/

Edited by piper

Thanks. It was fun doing something so different :)

I had some "better" fireworks pics but we were near a pillar on the grand stand and that was cutting though most of them :( The majority were taken totally blind. I had the camera on all manual settings, shutter set to bulb and pointed it in the general direction and braced it against my body and held the shutter button down for varying lengths of time. I had no idea until yesterday if I had anything that was any good, lol.

Majority of the pics I used the 70-200. Just before the fireworks I swapped to my walkaround 18-250mm lens. The fireworks were mostly at about 18 - 30mm. And then due to crowds of people and not wanting to risk being knocked and damaging lens or camera while changing lenses, I left that lens on for our walk through the rides/side show area. And just as well I did or I never would have got the Ferris Wheel picture.

In terms of editing, they all just had a quick edit in Lightroom - upped the contrast and saturation and cropped them mostly.

Hi Pesh,

No problem at all. First 1 was on aperture priority with the following settings:

f22, 1/250, ISO400, 70mm

The ferris wheel at night was

f3.5, 1/30 (resting on a table to stay steady), ISO800, 18mm

They both were played with a little in Lightroom - just played with vibrancy, contrast, saturation sliders until the colours had a pop and looked "right" The first 1 I think I played with shadows and highlights as well mainly to get some more contrast in the clouds.

Edited by piper