Beautiful Story On Finding Out Where Your Rescue Dog Came From.

Sares

I haven't read the story - I have too much going on at work this week to be crying myself to sleep and waking up with a headache!! I'll come back and read it when I can!

But, I found out the background of my rescue dog some years ago. It was my beautiful Emma. She was just an old beautiful Border Collie at the RSPCA. She had to come home with me, that was all that mattered. I knew she'd been surrendered, I knew she hadn't had exercise outside of the back yard and ate crap. But that was it. After having her for 2 years I had someone ask me where she was from, obvious answer - RSPCA. But they insisted that she was a pedigree dog and for me to send them any information I knew about her and they would see if they could trace her back to anyone. Within a day of sending this information I had the name of her breeder and found out that she had been a show winning puppy (until her legs stopped growing while she was stil 2-3 inches below breed standard!).

I was very happy to be able to take her to see her breeder again a few months before she (Emma) died. The breeder was very happy to see one of her dogs living with me (after letting the rage of one of her dogs ending up in a shelter subside!). And one of the best things about finding out all of this is that I have ended up with Hamish, as having found out where Emma came from I was able to see her pedigree and when Hamish's litter arrived saw that Emma's dad was behind Hamish - had to have him!!!!

Will look forward to crying through the story you've posted when I have the emotional energy to do so!