Deerhound Needing Rescue

What a gorgeous dog :heart:

on a side note though, when did a dog needing a new home privately equal a dog needing 'rescue'. Also when did buying a dog privately become 'adoption' ??

If this is directed at me call it what you want, the end result is the same, the dog needs a new loving reliable home.

no no not at all! I just noticed lately a trend to call private rehoming 'rescue' .

I think this falls into the category of breed rescue. :)

We have an ex-breeder of Scottish Deerhounds in our town, so I will ask if she can give any assistance tomorrow :crossfingers:

BTW If this was a Belgian, I would be very grateful if I was alerted to his predicament & I know everything would be done to help him.

This boy's breeder is now aware of his need and a new home in Vic seems to have been arranged.

Thanks to those who gave the heads up. :thumbsup: An older dog like this boy is always best going through a breed rescue sort of process whereby he lands in a suitable and permanent spot.

I think this falls into the category of breed rescue. :)

Yes.

Isn't he a splendidly gorgeous dog! Great to know that it seems his breeder has been alerted & a new home arranged.

Frankly, it's great to see 'breed' alerts like this one & people rallying to find a new home. IMO, breed rescue. Great to support.

This boy's breeder is now aware of his need and a new home in Vic seems to have been arranged.

Thanks to those who gave the heads up. :thumbsup: An older dog like this boy is always best going through a breed rescue sort of process whereby he lands in a suitable and permanent spot.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: