Dna Testing

Angeluca

http://asaplab.com.au/dnatesting/canine/canine.html

They offer full DNA profile and screen for only $135.

the submission form has a box to tick off to the side of each animal section saying Full animal profile?

http://asaplab.com.au/dnatesting/forms/assets/Molecular%20Testing%20Application%20Form.pdf

And has a list of things the test for which can be selected by breed or full disease listing on this page

http://asaplab.com.au/dnatesting/Breeds/breeds.html

has anyone used this program and had any bad experiences with it?

I used them, paid for the full screening but had to contact them to get them to test for one of the colours that they didn't do (but should have). Can't really complain, it was worth the money.

Just sad that despite coming back clear for HC and L2-HgA, my dog was diagnosed with a cataract in his right eye a few months later. This means that whilst he is clear by DNA, and clear by parentage of "hereditary" cataracts, there is apparently another strain of cataract that appears in the breed.

Yes, I've used them and, whereas I have been happy with the end result, I did have hassles getting the results. Samples and bookwork got lost twice and I did have to get on their case to get results in time for my last litter.

Good price for the testing that they do, but make sure you give yourself plenty of time.

Guest Doglady0419

I used them, paid for the full screening but had to contact them to get them to test for one of the colours that they didn't do (but should have). Can't really complain, it was worth the money.

Just sad that despite coming back clear for HC and L2-HgA, my dog was diagnosed with a cataract in his right eye a few months later. This means that whilst he is clear by DNA, and clear by parentage of "hereditary" cataracts, there is apparently another strain of cataract that appears in the breed.

I'm a ASAP Acredited DNA collector

I personally have my dogs DNA tested frequently with them (every litter)that is.....

For my breed there is only one type of Hereditary Cataract to be tested for ..... and yes there are other types that are screened by your Opthalmologist.

George will keep breeders updated with problems occuring free of charge with the full screening and yes George is human as is his staff and on occasion will make a mistake in the reporting...that is why when you receive conformation via email you are asked to check ALL details and let them know before the actual report is final.

Yes, I've used them and, whereas I have been happy with the end result, I did have hassles getting the results. Samples and bookwork got lost twice and I did have to get on their case to get results in time for my last litter.

Good price for the testing that they do, but make sure you give yourself plenty of time.

would 6 weeks be enough time?

Guest Doglady0419

would 6 weeks be enough time?

That is more than enough time if an adult or mature pup is being tested.....if you are screening a litter they must be microchiped prior to the DNA collection and collected by your vet or an accredited ASAP collector....you can do the swabbing yourself but the results will not be certified or official.

Awesome, I wish to test my adult 2 for now and will get the younger 2 done early next year, Thing is ruby is heavily preg and I don't want to stress her until after she has had her litter. But was hoping for the results prior to puppies leaving. Tests aren't required for my breed just some added genetic security for myself and the puppy owners.

And it would be done at the post whelp check at the vet the other dog can just tag along smile.gif

Edited by Angeluca

Guest Doglady0419

Awesome, I wish to test my adult 2 for now and will get the younger 2 done early next year, Thing is ruby is heavily preg and I don't want to stress her until after she has had her litter. But was hoping for the results prior to puppies leaving. Tests aren't required for my breed just some added genetic security for myself and the puppy owners.

And it would be done at the post whelp check at the vet the other dog can just tag along smile.gif

It is only a Cheek Swab!!

Your vet may not have the testing kits.....have ASAP send you some

Wishing you favourable results

It is only a Cheek Swab!!

Your vet may not have the testing kits.....have ASAP send you some

Wishing you favourable results

lol I know it's a cheek swab but we have recently had 7 prog tests and she now gets nervous pulling up at the vet twice they took a couple of goes at finding the vain, we have forgone any confirmation exams to limit her stress. Once she has whelped cause she is going to have another textbook whelp crossfingers.gif there will be quite a few vet visits within the first few months social and otherwise and none will be for needles to help relax her again.crossfingers.gif

Used them not long after they first started. Sent swabs (swab kit from them then swabbed by vet) for two tests each for two dogs (DM and CMR). Never got any results after 2 years of asking for them and lots of promises that I would have them 'soon'. Turns out they likely couldnt even do the test for CMR even though they told me they could. Kept trying to bill me for them though. :mad

Edited by espinay2

Used them not long after they first started. Sent swabs (swab kit from them then swabbed by vet) for two tests each for two dogs (DM and CMR). Never got any results after 2 years of asking for them and lots of promises that I would have them 'soon'. Turns out they likely couldnt even do the test for CMR even though they told me they could. Kept trying to bill me for them though. :mad

I had the same issues when I sent vWD test swabs...they promised the moon, but I never got any results back and yes, they tried to bill me, AND sent some REALLY nasty emails regarding default payment (for things I never received) During the wait, they told me that the test I wanted was complex and that they were waiting for permissions or something....six weeks I was told..went to three months and then a year....all the while they wanted payment even though it was made clear at the start that payment would occur ONLY when the testing was done.

I can't recommend this company at all.

I have used ASAP testing for vWD and I had to ask twice for the swabs to be sent out, first ones never came (although alot if my mail goes missing) the lady was lovely on the phone. The test was easy and lots of information was given with it. I sent the swabs off and had to wait about 6 weeks for the results, I did call a few times as I hadn't heard anything.

I got the results via email but they had spelt my bitches name wrong! Called them up the same day i got the results and asked if they could change her name on the results... never got an email back. It was only one letter so I haven't rang since to get it sorted...

Rang these guys for the swab kits and received back in the mail within a week.

Was planning on having one bitch swabbed by the vet at her next visit and then sending off for tests... after all $135 for the whole lot is a great price - less than half the price of Animal Network.... although a little concerned about some of the comments made here about not receiving the information back which would be a real bummer not to mention being out of pocket and having to pay for retesting.

Would be great if they are good because this is a very cost efficient way for testing thus might encourage more breeders to test all their stock.

Anyone here who has used them very recently - what is their experiences.

Edited by alpha bet

I am cautious I am testing my male and female, dam and sire from previous litter.

In hope i get it back

in more hope they both come back clear

cause then I will test my little girl for $60 a clear by parentage.

If this all comes back I will offer to test the sire of my current litter to clear the girl I keep and any others that stay on main.

Grand plans and wishful thinking.crossfingers.gif

Guest Doglady0419

Rang these guys for the swab kits and received back in the mail within a week.

Was planning on having one bitch swabbed by the vet at her next visit and then sending off for tests... after all $135 for the whole lot is a great price - less than half the price of Animal Network.... although a little concerned about some of the comments made here about not receiving the information back which would be a real bummer not to mention being out of pocket and having to pay for retesting.

Would be great if they are good because this is a very cost efficient way for testing thus might encourage more breeders to test all their stock.

Anyone here who has used them very recently - what is their experiences.

Pm me privately if you would like information on the tests you require for your breed.....I will help shed some light with your concerns

ASAP ACCREDITED DNA COLLECTOR