How's This For Service

Guest Maeby Fünke

Guest Maeby Fünke

What a day I've had! Today I took my Pug to his vet appointment.

I drove the 30 minutes to my vet clinic, to be told by the receptionist that my vet wasn't there - she had been called away to emergency surgery at their other clinic. The receptionist was a bit awkward, and didn't seem to be handling this too well... So I took my Pug for a walk and I called the other clinic and spoke to my vet. She apologised and offered to see me later in the afternoon at the other clinic.

Later in the afternoon, my car had a flat battery and wouldn't start. I rang the vet clinic to let them know and they told me that my vet would come and pick us up and take us home! How nice!

So I got to see my preferred vet, my Pug had all of his tests done and two tumours removed with a local anaesthetic (she found another one)... And - get this - she told me that it would all be on the house! How cool is that! I didn't have to pay for a thing! And all the way home she apologised for "stuffing me around".

Guest Maeby Fünke

The RACV guy just left a few minutes ago. He said there is something wrong with the alternator (I think that's something to do with the battery).

Edited by Maeby Fünke

Guest Maeby Fünke

What a lovely vet you should send her a card :)

I will, and I would like to buy her a gift as well... What do you think would be a good present for a vet?

Guest Maeby Fünke

Sorry, I should have said...

My vet and all the staff know that I will only see this one vet while my Pug has a diagnosis of Multiple Mast Cell Tumours.

Edited by Maeby Fünke

Guest Maeby Fünke

Wow, how lovely of her. She's a keeper!

What about double movie tickets? Not too expensive but will give her (and a friend) a chance to relax when she has time?

Oh, that's a good idea. Thanks.

Guest Maeby Fünke

Oh, I think she went out of her way because she had to cancel my appointment last week (it was originally for last Monday).

Edited by Maeby Fünke

Guest Maeby Fünke

How lovely of her :) that's a keeper right there!

Maybe get her a box of choccies and a card?

How's your little man doing after his appointment?

Whenever I buy people chocolates I end up eating them, but yeah that's a good idea. Thanks.

He's crashed out next to me on the couch.

Guest Maeby Fünke

Wow thats very impressive !biggrin.gif Thats a rarity these days !

Hope all goes all smoothly for your pug.

Yes perhaps send your vet a thank you card, maybe some flowers? :)

Well yeah, that's why I thought I'd share it because I'm so used to complaining about vets.

Guest Maeby Fünke

what about a lovely doggy calendar for the clinic?

Do you know where you can get nice ones? I've only ever seen crappy ones in pet shops.

Can you buy them online?

I think that they get heaps of free calenders from the companies they deal with.

She sounds one in a million & a lovely person.

I would give something non animal related for herself.

Flowers, chocolates ( resist them ) & a nice bottle of something to drink. Can you make a gift basket up yourself ?