Good Meat Market?

Hi Knobbles You are nearly my neighbour :(

I Shop & live near the Minchinbury Fruit Market... they sell Brisket Bones, Chicken hearts , chicken Livers , wings necks, frozen mince. etc...

Although I mainly buy my Chicken carcass ,wings , necks in Mt Druitt shopping mall opposite Woolworths

BUT I buy my dogs mince meat at Pet Barn Penrith or Turners ..

Pet Barn

117 Coreen Ave

Penrith (02) 4731 6044

M - F 8 am / 5.30

Sat 8 am / 4.00PM

Sun 9 am / 4.00PM

Turners Petmart

670 Richmond Road

Glendenning (02) 9626-8485

M - W 9 till 5.30

Thurs 9 till 8 PM

Fri 9 till 5.30

S - S 9 till 4.30

...I forgot to mention the 3 boxes of poo bags and the two doggy brushes :D I'm sure there's more, I just wrote the list from memory!!!!

Hi neighbours!!!!!!!! I'm actually in Kemps Creek... yes we should get together, do you guys have dog-friendly-dogs? And Griff I see you frequent the pounds often, do you rescue/foster or do you like to just keep up to date with what's there and then post here? Wendy, I shop in St clair at the safeway...ooops I mean woolworths!! I'm the one looking for the reduced meat in the meat section..haha! But now since I found that Minchinbury shop I'll be going there, we eat ALOT of vegies and it's far more cheaper and more variety than woolies. I really can't stay on topic can I?????

I'm going to petbarn TODAY! Plus the art shop coz I just got paid :(

Hi Knobbles no I dont rescue or foster... just go to the pound for a browse

I would love to bring lots home but just cant... :laugh:

and after I visit , I cant help but Post on Dog Rescue and spread the word

of some of the doggies..

I sort of have a dog friendly dog.. she has been fine with a few she has met..

so will try and make it to a "get together" :D

Hi neighbours!!!!!!!! I'm actually in Kemps Creek... yes we should get together, do you guys have dog-friendly-dogs?

Hi Knobbles!

I only have one dog - Brianna, she is a 12 month old golden cocker spaniel and she LOVES other dogs. We are always looking for other dogs for her to play with.

Wendy, I shop in St clair at the safeway...ooops I mean woolworths!! I'm the one looking for the reduced meat in the meat section..haha!

I shop in Woolworths too (you can tell you're from Vic - Safeway :laugh: ). I am the other one looking for the reduced meat! :D

I went to Petbarn today. I was there about 11am - 11.30am. :D

We will have to get together. I would love Brianna to have some doggy friends to play with and I'd love to meet Tess (and you of course!).

Get out Wendy! We were probably there at the same time... maybe you were the one who had to get the new bag of food coz it had a hole in it??!!

Good shop... it is fantastic for dog food.. now just to get that chest freezer.

You are welcome to visit here, Tess is a shocker on the lead, and I don't want to take her somewhere off lead when she's not my dog..too much responsibilty, maybe some recall practise first, anyway!

Sorry, I'm all growed up now and I don't know any nightclubs anymore :D

Ah, it's late, couldn't resist, and seeing it's gone off topic at least once, another one won't hurt :D

Great minds think alike Caffiend!! When I saw the title of this thread I thought, don't know any in the western suburbs but the best 'meat market' I ever went to was the Oaks at Neutral Bay or the Golden Sheaf at Double Bay - but that was quite a few years ago now!! :laugh:

Get out Wendy! We were probably there at the same time... maybe you were the one who had to get the new bag of food coz it had a hole in it??!!

No, I didn't buy any food today. I bought some Epi-Soothe oatmeal conditioner because I wanted to give Brianna a bath and I only had the shampoo left.

I had my 17 yo daughter with me, and we also bought a ball for a 5 week old kitten that we rescued and rehomed last weekend after it and its littermate were dumped. We went to visit the little cutie in his new home on the way home from Penrith.

That is, after we fed my daughter's horses that are agisted at Cranebrook!!

No caffiend42.. not THAT kind of meat market!!!!!

Although, we may be able to find a couple of specimens to slaughter to feed our dogs in those places... sorry... have been drinking :laugh: :drunk: :D red wine is going down good

OH has gone to canberra for the weekend and left me all alone... lucky I have three big dogs to protect me! So here I am messaging again!!

...I always go off topic... the threads are kind of like a conversation anyway.. and they always change topics, don't they? hehe

Hi Knobbles

I get my chicken from here:

Giglio's Fresh Chicken

629 -635 Elizabeth Drive

Bonnyrigg 2177

(02) 9610 4557

I usually get 50kg at a time (the joys of a chest freezer! :D) and a mix of breast bones (frames), necks (incl. skin) and thigh bones/wing tips etc. for $1 per kg.

They also sell 5kg bags of wings there for @ $10-12.

I bag a combination of these chicken parts into large Glad snap-lock bags and freeze - taking one out at a time to defrost in the fridge as needed.

50kg of chicken as a base (plus the addition of lamb flaps (from Woolies), mince, fish etc.) lasts my two Dobes @ 5wks :laugh:

I go to Penrith Petbarn too, as I go to UWS Werrington.

I used to get 10kg bags of frames for $3 through someone, but that has ceased ... I now get these nice meaty frames for $1.50/kg from the local chook place in Seven Hills. The owner has dogs so he knows me and we sometimes have doggy chats.

Turners Petmart

670 Richmond Road

Glendenning (02) 9626-8485

M - W 9 till 5.30

Thurs 9 till 8 PM

Fri 9 till 5.30

S - S 9 till 4.30

Just so folks know....... Turners now sell pups in their store (they didn't before the overhaul of their warehouse).

Walked in there one day.... litter of Dobermann bubs for sale....... walked straight back out again and will never go back there.

Just so folks know....... Turners now sell pups in their store (they didn't before the overhaul of their warehouse).

and to make it worse they have the poor little bubs out in the car park on weekends to catch the passing trade :thumbsup:

They can cross me off their shoppers list too

well, I don't even know where the hell Glendenning is anyway :vomit:

Pet barn was great, I had a hard time trying to stuff all the meat in the freezer though!

Our electricity is connected to a farm and they need more power so are going to put our hot water on a timer :D so looks like another electrical device is outta the question at the moment :rofl:

Bloody pet shops! I have some left over stickers from "say no to animals in pet shops" if anyone wants one! I wanted one for my car and thought I may as well spread the word a bit more and buy a few to give to people. Maybe you'd like one Wendy & Griff when we meet up one day :)

OK time to go feed the sooky-bubs (Tess is the winner in that department sooky la la :) )