When To Give Last Feed Before Anaesthetic?

kelpiecuddles

I wonder why I was told Lacey could have access to water.. Maybe it depends on the time the operation is .

It does depend. Call up tomorrow and ask when they do dentals, we have a separate room for dentals and more than one vet so can do them in the morning, some clinics do them in the afternoon. If in the afternoon then a drink of water in the morning (around 6 or 7am should be ok)

Follow your vet's instructions. It's silly to ask here as you will get different answers. Your vet has a protocol they use so you need to follow that.

Yes. My vet does surgery between 11am and 1pm so they can be done at anytime within those three hours. Mine is the same as Marg, no food after midnight but water as normal. They should've given you instructions when you booked in.

Not a dental but for recent orthopedic surgery it was no food after 10pm and water any time up until she was dropped off in the morning. The no water bit seems to depend on who the vet is. I know Kenz's instructions have always been no food or water after 10pm.