Ribbon Storage/display

I have this for my sashes from Ribbon Mate.

As each hanger fills, it becomes more profuse from the wall. You can purchase 3 different widths of hangers and just keep adding more. I love it.

Wow...that's neat. Do they slide off though or are they fixed on in some way :confused:

Each hanger is hooked onto the bottom of the one above it.

the ribbons are threaded through the slots in the hanger. Once you tip the hanger back into this upright position, it locks the ribbon in place. They can slip a little bit if you knock them, but they won't slip right off.

When you need to attach more ribbons, you simply unhook the hanger you will slot them into, lay it flat somewhere (I do it between 2 chair rests).

No probs.

I took a couple more photos depicting the hooks better and also how the display becomes profuse and 3D.

You can see how I used an entire hanger to thread the V medallions into, which works pretty well too, but not everyone needs to worry about those.

Also I now have made a separate board for rosettes and just velcroed them on. Not sure how that is going to go tho, cause it already pretty full and I have more. So already rethinking that one. I think for rosettes you almost need one long horizontal display attachment to stick them on to?? :)

post-27202-0-95519600-1384205867_thumb.jpg

post-27202-0-96887500-1384205877_thumb.jpg

post-27202-0-45356800-1384205892_thumb.jpg

Edited by dyzney

Loving all the displays so far.

Does anyone have any ideas for a display that doesn't need to be hung from walls? (Living in rental - can't hang anything on the walls)

So far the fishing line idea is a great one, but I'm not even allowed to have blue-tac on my walls so can't pin it up..

Does anyone have any ideas for a display that doesn't need to be hung from walls? (Living in rental - can't hang anything on the walls)

So far the fishing line idea is a great one, but I'm not even allowed to have blue-tac on my walls so can't pin it up..

Can you pin them to the curtains :)

Can you pin them to the curtains :)

This would work if I had curtains. :D Roller blinds here. Think I will just have to be happy with them all arranged in a heap on the crowded mantelpiece... Cat keeps thinking they are hers and will parade them proudly around the house. :laugh:

• 4 weeks later...

I've heard of having them made into quilts/pillows etc... I have a fishing line strung across the wall, with the ribbons paperclipped to it. thinking of the quilt.. but then I have for different disaplines, and would have to consider weather to combine...

I ended up going with this idea! Simple and can fit quite a few ribbons :)

I only put her 1st-3rd place ribbons up, not sure what to do with the other ones!

IMG_0294_zps9b0253c8.jpg

I have also recently put some up behind hanging pictures (smallish paintings) - ribbons draped over a wire coathanger. The coathanger goes on the hook the painting is on and the painting hides it. The ribbons hang down below it in a nice fan shape. I'll take a photo when I get home if that doesn't make sense!

I have also recently put some up behind hanging pictures (smallish paintings) - ribbons draped over a wire coathanger. The coathanger goes on the hook the painting is on and the painting hides it. The ribbons hang down below it in a nice fan shape. I'll take a photo when I get home if that doesn't make sense!

Oh that sounds really nice - I'm keen to see a photo! We're renovating in March so if I find any better ideas by then I can always change what I have :D