Big Dog Barf Food

h878

Has anyone else tried this and have any opinions positive or negative about it? Our pup came home on Friday and we were told by his breeder he was weaned onto Black Hawk Puppy food and beef and turkey mince. He doesn't like any of those so he's lost a bit of weight. Our breeder has gone interstate for half a week and I haven't been able to get through to her yet but I have left her a message asking her advice. In the mean time our local pet supply shop recommended Big Dog Barf - 100% natural raw dog food and gave us a sample to try.

There's nothing wrong with BARF but do be aware that chopping and changing a pup's food isn't always a great idea. It's not unusual for a pup to go off it's food when it goes to it's new home - nothing to do with it 'not liking' the food it's used to. Be careful not to train your pup to be fussy!

Big Dog is the brand, they are a QLd based company that produce several varieties of BARF patties and other good stuff.

According to their website they have a distributor in Darwin.

Garrards

Unit 2

17 Benison Road

Winnellie NT 0820

Edited by Crisovar

Big Dog is the brand, they are a QLd based company that produce several varieties of BARF patties and other good stuff.

According to their website they have a distributor in Darwin.

Garrards

Unit 2

17 Benison Road

Winnellie NT 0820

Thanks, Garrards is about a 30 min drive but I might go and get some and can buy in bulk if they like it :)

Has anyone else tried this and have any opinions positive or negative about it? Our pup came home on Friday and we were told by his breeder he was weaned onto Black Hawk Puppy food and beef and turkey mince. He doesn't like any of those so he's lost a bit of weight. Our breeder has gone interstate for half a week and I haven't been able to get through to her yet but I have left her a message asking her advice. In the mean time our local pet supply shop recommended Big Dog Barf - 100% natural raw dog food and gave us a sample to try.

What breed of puppy?

I would be wary of changing if he's a large or giant breed pup until you've consulted the breeder.

He's a Dachshund. I'm not sure it was still a case of being in a new home but 3 days of barely eating and losing weight is enough to convince me to try something new. I mixed some warm water to his kibble to soften it and he enjoyed that too. He's had 2 servings of Big Dog Barf and so far he is happy. I'll be keeping a close eye on him over the next couple of days.

Or you could go and have a chat with Karina and Ben at Adelaide Dog on Payneham Road - their raw food is really affordable and awesome! My westies thrive on it. smile.gif ( and no I have no interest in the business - just a vested interest in ensuring they thrive so I can still buy their food!smile.gif)