Changes To Nsw Laws

Katdogs

So, on the Dept Local Government website, you can find:

* Circular to Councils about the changes to the Companion Animals Act

* Revised guidelines

The revised guidelines are very long and I haven't had a chance to read it all yet. Just wondered what this means for my dogs that are so friendly they might 'rush' if they went through the gate towards another dog, or if my dogs were actually attacked by a dog. Those are always my main fears.

Has anyone here had a chance to look or be involved in these new rules? I wonder how long the Councils will take to get their heads around them?

I still think it should be compulsory to have where the dog was bred from registered company name and ABN for farmers, Prefix and name for registered breeders and Name and Licence number or CRN for BYB.

And then any dog sold through a shop should also place their details.

At the moment the only traceable "Breeder" are ones with registered bodies and papers, as our details are plastered on the papers and filed with our governing bodies.

Don't get me wrong it's good a petshop chain is taking some responsibility, Why should farmers be anonymous? They are the one who bred the dog,

And then an accurate database of dogs who are dumped or have health problems could be obtain to prove the best way to supply the community with animals in their homes.

Might just might take some of the "problems" off good breeder's reputations.

But that makes it all too legit so will never happen.

Still allows the farmers to ship their pups off to the pet shops before being chipped... why should the pet shops step up and take responsibility for the pups bred by others and shipped to them for quick sales?

Everyone else is bound by law to chip BEFORE they pass a pup on to ANYONE... not that this is actually done by most BYB... but why should the mass producers of pets be exempt from this most basic of laws?

T.