Doggy Christmas Dress Up Costumes

YvonneM

Our kennel/obedience club is having it's end of year Christmas Shin-Dig in about 2 weeks - it's our first year with the club as Banjo is just 9 months old, and apparently everyone gets dressed a bit festive for the evening .... doggies included. I have no idea where to buy a little outfit for Banjo - he's a Maltese, so only small at 4kg. I figure I could try some of the discount/dollar stores like the Reject Shop/Sams Warehouse, but I'd like to get something a bit more "special" for his first Christmas Party ..... and he's having Santa Photos the following weekend, so figure the outfit coould do double duty.

Does anyone have any recommendations or ideas of where I could get something for my baby boy?? I may have left it too late to order online, but am hoping not ... particularly if I can phone the store and order over the phone and have it posted pretty fast ... otherwise a bricks and mortar store .... I'm in the western suburbs of Sydney.

All suggestions greatly appreciated :D

PS - I'd try to whip something up myself, but I am totally useless with a needle and thread if it is more than taking up a hem :)

You could try Jana's Creations. She may have something already made. She has a website but its a bit old. Her Facebook page is the best way to find her. Just look up Janas Creations on FB. Have fun!

ETA Jana is a DOLer

Edited by Tintin Jac

I just today made a reindeer costume, I am artistically challenged when it comes to sewing stuff, so I just used some teddy bear material and added a few things and bam one reindeer suit! Ill see if I can add the picture, just gotta grab it off my phone.

Here it is, pretty basic but will serve its purpose, the thing around his neck is one of these soft round christmas things and I sewed the bells on a bit of felt. and the thing around the middle is just a doggy xmas scarf from the reject shop.

photo_zps367f7623.jpg

Edited by tlc

This was a freebie from a friend who works for Pet Barn last year:

Santa3_zps4052bd35.jpg

She wouldn't look at me:

Santa1_zps7ec9c4de.jpg

Oops, just realised it was for a boy, probably wouldn't like a dress! Just love you dog's outfit Tic (and the look on the face - priceless :laugh: )

Edited by Bindo

I know he's like "your kidding me right!" :laugh: but seriously he is a great sport about dressing up.

Love the little Mrs Claus dress so cute!

Edited to add I just noticed Lacy photobomb the side of the photo, I think she is laughing at him! :laugh:

Edited by tlc

Does it have to be Christmas themed? We won last years Christmas party dress up with this...

P1190560.jpg

And yes I get peeved that there are no Christmas outfits for larger dogs...SO UNFAIR! Why should little dogs have all the fun!

:rofl: I love it teela! No wonder you won :thumbsup:

The reject shop had bigger dog ones, tshirts and dresses.

Big enough for a Boxer though? Even my Chinese Crested needs the large size in most outfits

Never big enough for my greyhounds. The coat Maddie is wearing in this pic I jagged at the op-shop two years ago for 50 cents or something...couldn't believe my luck.

post-38965-0-82394800-1385631085_thumb.jpg

Does it have to be Christmas themed? We won last years Christmas party dress up with this...

P1190560.jpg

And yes I get peeved that there are no Christmas outfits for larger dogs...SO UNFAIR! Why should little dogs have all the fun!

Oh my goodness - I love it!!! No wonder you won!!! I love the receiving and despatch signs.

I will go look at reject shop on the weekend - not one near me at work ... Also phoned petbarn who said they have heaps.

I do feel a but sorry for the bigger doggies