Amazing Survival Story

RuralPug

I suspect he really could have stopped, but I'm glad that he is paying for vet care for her.

http://www.viralnova...puppy-survives/

Julia Cesar Siqueira was driving with his mother and two other students to a university two hours away from his home. As he turned onto a dangerous road, he saw a small mongrel. He swerved to avoid her, but he knew he must have hit her because of the thud. He couldn't stop because of the road, but he figured she survived since he wasn't going at a high speed. So, he continued on his journey. You won't believe what happened to the dog.

After being struck by the vehicle, the little dog was wedged inside of the bumper. She survived the impact AND the long trip.

hit-dog.jpg

She was in his car for two hours, miraculously not falling out or becoming more injured in the process.

hit-dog2.jpg

After he arrived at his destination, he noticed that several people were signaling for him to stop his car. Finally, he was able to pull over and he was stunned by what he saw. The little pup was still in the grill. After calling a vet, was discovered she only received one broken bone from the entire ordeal – one of her legs.

She has been named Vitoria, which means "victory." She's currently being cared for and the driver will pay for all of her care.

Edited to remove some formatting instructions - oops. embarrass.gif

Edited by RuralPug

That road is very dangerous, you stop there's a chance you die so he couldn't stop. Glad the dog survived and he's doing the right thing by her.

How do you die from stopping? Just curious

Somebody running you down if inadequate line of sight &/or inadequate safe shoulder to pull completely off the road.

Eg. The other side of a blind corner.

I don't personally know that road, but if it is a single lane twisting turning mountain road with a cliff on one side and a deep sheer drop on the other there might not be a safe place to stop for miles. You have to keep moving, even at a crawl, to pass any oncoming traffic and nobody overtakes...eek1.gif (Can you tell that I watch too much Top Gear? embarrass.gif )

A road cone wouldn't help all that much in that situation...good idea to have one in your car for Aussie roads, though. smile.gif

A cone won't save you on Aussie roads :) A good idea to carry, but not something I'd trust my life or the life of my passengers to. :)

You're trusting a stranger to understand what it means & slow down. An isolated traffic cone doesn't mean that. Some people may be cautious & that's great, but it only needs one driver to swerve around the cone & you're likely toast.

eta Trucks have to carry 3 warning triangles, one to be set up between 50-150m behind stopped truck/spilled load, one to be placed 50-150m in front & one to be placed at the side, to indicate the start of the spilled load or side of truck. And there is no chance I would trust my life to them, either.

Traffic controllers are killed in traffic controlled areas with hi vis equipment & huge amounts of cones & signs.

Be careful of yourself before choosing where to stop.

Edited by bertie