Vet Recommendation - Berowra Area Sydney

MiniWeim

Hi all,

After a very long wait/search we have finally found bought a house, and will be welcoming a new Wei puppy home in early January!

Our new place is in Berowra Heights, and I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good vet in the local area as we are new to the area? None of our friends who live nearby are pet people.

Any and all recommendations are greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Nick

I use Angus Martin at Hornsby Vet . I wouldn't go anywhere else and as a bonus he does acupuncture!

I have referred lots of my friends there and all have been very happy.

Another vote for Angus Martin. Highly recommended.

• 3 weeks later...

I use Angus Martin at Hornsby Vet . I wouldn't go anywhere else and as a bonus he does acupuncture!

I have referred lots of my friends there and all have been very happy.

Another vote for Angus Martin. Highly recommended.

And me too!

We see Angus down at Hornsby too. Penny Mead who also works at the same practice is also great. If I have to take mine in for anything more than their vaccinations then I ask to see either Angus or Penny.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for all the recommendations everyone. We ended up going with Andrew Morgan as our new neighbour also had great things to say about him. He was great with Kali in keeping her calm and spending time getting to know her, but was unfortunately pushy with vaccines. Our breeders' health guarantee specifies C3 only(separate kennel cough ok as long as its a few weeks after the C3). due to weim's tendency to auto-immune conditions, and having had weims previously where they have reacted badly to vaccination I am whole heartedly in agreement. The conversation seemed to be based all around what was cheapest, especially when we advised we were waiting until she had a season to get desexed, which started another round of pushy-ness.

Anyway I can see why people like him, he is very personable and has a great manner with dogs, but I found him a little dismissive of breed-specific issues which rubbed me the wrong way having had previous experience with said issues.

We've since spoken to Berowra Vet Clinic(joined with Asquith) and they seem much more experienced with weims(the receptionist at Andrew's had no idea what a wei was!) and their quirks and we'll be trying them next time.

Good luck, I've heard good things about that vet too. I'm with you, I don't like being pushed on vaccinations - I don't do my dogs every year - they are all older and have had many in their lifetimes, it's not good to keep going with it when they are older.

Breed specific issues are very important to consider so I'm glad you've found an experienced vet - I'd drive to get to one that knew my breed as they have specific issues too.

Thanks Dogmad!

We did go in there pretty resolute to begin with, especially as our breeder warned us that another owner from the same litter had been bullied/talked into C4 and heartworm by a vet.

Ahh well, fingers crossed we get lucky with the Berowra Vet and can settle in a build a relationship with them and our pup.